Minimum trip tools

draces1_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I'm getting ready for a 4 day trip to Eureka springs, have just about 500 miles on the bike and am wondering what the minimum set of tools or repair items I should take should be. They'll likely need to fit in a medium tank bag along with my wallet and other crap like that. Any input is appreciated!
 
draces1_imp said:
I'm getting ready for a 4 day trip to Eureka springs, have just about 500 miles on the bike and am wondering what the minimum set of tools or repair items I should take should be. They'll likely need to fit in a medium tank bag along with my wallet and other crap like that. Any input is appreciated!
Eureka springs eh? My special ladyfriend lives just outside of Eureka (Berryville). I'm down in little rock. Where ya coming from?
 
You might want to do your 600 mile service early. Primarily the oil change and chain tension aspects of it. I don't know the miles you'll be putting on it during the trip but 4 days sounds like it might be more than 100 miles!
 
That's about all you need because these modern motorcycles are so complex you would have no (hardly any) idea what to do or check should it suddenly stop.
A cell phone and CAA (AAA in the US) are my best friends out on the road - and trusting in modern reliability.
 
Thread starter
Coming from Wichita, Ks. Yes, doing 600 mile service tonight. (Oil Change, chain slack and lube, checking bolts, breather tubes, tire pressures, etc.)

The first post was great, I purchased a small bottle of chain wax just today at lunch.

Thanks for the input.
 
sethrose_imp said:
Where did you get that awesome little air compressor ferret that maybe one of the coolest things ive ever seen.
sethrose..it's a Campbell-Haulsfeld unit from Walmart with the plastic case removed. Also available at Harbor Freight I suppose.

they also sell them that way from Twisted Throttle for about 4 times the price, but it's easy to buy one and tear off the plastic case.

Here ya go

Motorcycle Tire Air Pump - webBikeWorld
 
Next Sunday I start a 6 day tour with my friend (riding along the German side of the Alps from Berchtesgaden to Lake of Constance with some detours).
What tools do I take with me? None. Why? It's a Honda. I check tire pressure, oil level, chain tension etc. before the ride, that's it.
 
ingobohn_imp said:
Next Sunday I start a 6 day tour with my friend (riding along the German side of the Alps from Berchtesgaden to Lake of Constance with some detours).
What tools do I take with me? None. Why? It's a Honda. I check tire pressure, oil level, chain tension etc. before the ride, that's it.
I was there in September.. Bodensee, Lindau, überlingen, Konstanz, etc...would have killed to ride my cb there....but, it rained 10 days out of 12 :(
Glad I rented a "ultimate driving machine" ....BMW that is. At least I was dry...
You are making me very envious! Enjoy.
 
Both of you—Draces and Ingobohn—enjoy your rides and be safe.
 
Back
Top