Mini Invasion

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
This morning's ride was on my ST over to a lake I like to ride to. Round trip is about an hour and a half. I usually ride there, drink a cup of tea while staring at the lake and whatever bike I'm on, the bird life and usually the people. There is a single picnic table I grab to sit at.

This morning it was nippy, in the 40's, so I knew no one would be at the beach and I indeed had the place to myself



[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/ST%20ride%20Nov%2021%202015%20002_zpscsoze0nt.jpg.html]

I was about 3/4 of the way thru my thermos of tea and heard a noise. I looked up and saw a car coming.. then 2, 3 4 and finally 5. All close together and coming pretty fast thru the curves that lead to the parking lot.

At first I thought rats, there goes my quiet morning. Then I noticed all the cars were the same. Ended up it was the Queen City Mini's or something like that out for a run before the rain that was coming this afternoon.

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/ST%20ride%20Nov%2021%202015%20005_zpslwxhqhok.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/ST%20ride%20Nov%2021%202015%20006_zpstt10gaev.jpg.html]

I finished my tea and then on my way out stopped and talked to them for awhile. Nice folks. Cool little cars. Must have all had custom exhausts they sounded like mini Ferrari's or something. Looked like fun. Not as fun as a motorcycle but fun none the less.

Oh and here's an interesting sky shot pic from last night's ride, right at dusk

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/ST%20ride%20Nov%2020%202015%20006_zps5ea5qoa4.jpg.html]




.
 
Thread starter
Steve last night I was going the opposite direction trying to hustle home before dark (didn't make it) while watching for deer, and saw that sky in my rear view mirror. Had to go about a mile before I could turn around and hustle back to get a pic of it. It was really pretty, much more vivid than the picture shows. Lots of red in it and yellow.

Just remembered what all the mini's reminded me of.. that movie "The Italian Job".
 
Great work, Ferret. Night sky shots never quite capture the vividness of the reality, do they?
 
The ferret_imp said:
Steve last night I was going the opposite direction trying to hustle home before dark (didn't make it) while watching for deer, and saw that sky in my rear view mirror. Had to go about a mile before I could turn around and hustle back to get a pic of it. It was really pretty, much more vivid than the picture shows. Lots of red in it and yellow.

Just remembered what all the mini's reminded me of.. that movie "The Italian Job".
There are far better photographers than me on the forum so am hesitant to give advice, particularly if I have to back it up. But if your camera supports spot exposure then expose on the area you consider gives the best colour. My pocket camera does so gave it a go at the PI campground.

97cfbe90ad234fd7c95c84328243d1c2.jpeg


Then forced the flash for this one.
1bb785bbd313cc395e08a6bded545b4a.jpeg


My camera is not up to yours for taking photos on the run. On second thoughts it's me. :).

Cheers, and looks like a good ride.
 
Thread starter
Lol Ptero.. I was riding on a curvy road in a deer infested area almost at dark at 55 mph and took this pic on the fly..no time to search for spot exposures or fill in flash. It was lift the camera, turn it on, point it at the sky, hit the shutter button and hope for the best.
 
Thread starter
That green one really IS a mini lol
 
Well yeah! It's a proper Mini 1000 from 1969. None of these BMW Minis.... Placing it between the other two doea make it look like a toy though.
 
When I rode to Deals Gap last month there was a Mini club driving the twisties. Wee could not assess how many there were until driving back to the hotel they were all meeting at the parking lot by one of the dams. There must have been 75 of them. They looked pretty cool!

Henrik, pretty awesome stable! :thumbsup:
 
The ferret_imp said:
This morning's ride was on my ST over to a lake I like to ride to. Round trip is about an hour and a half. I usually ride there, drink a cup of tea while staring at the lake and whatever bike I'm on, the bird life and usually the people. There is a single picnic table I grab to sit at.

This morning it was nippy, in the 40's, so I knew no one would be at the beach and I indeed had the place to myself



[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/ST%20ride%20Nov%2021%202015%20002_zpscsoze0nt.jpg.html]

I was about 3/4 of the way thru my thermos of tea and heard a noise. I looked up and saw a car coming.. then 2, 3 4 and finally 5. All close together and coming pretty fast thru the curves that lead to the parking lot.

At first I thought rats, there goes my quiet morning. Then I noticed all the cars were the same. Ended up it was the Queen City Mini's or something like that out for a run before the rain that was coming this afternoon.

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/ST%20ride%20Nov%2021%202015%20005_zpslwxhqhok.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/ST%20ride%20Nov%2021%202015%20006_zpstt10gaev.jpg.html]

I finished my tea and then on my way out stopped and talked to them for awhile. Nice folks. Cool little cars. Must have all had custom exhausts they sounded like mini Ferrari's or something. Looked like fun. Not as fun as a motorcycle but fun none the less.

Oh and here's an interesting sky shot pic from last night's ride, right at dusk

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/ST%20ride%20Nov%2020%202015%20006_zps5ea5qoa4.jpg.html]




.

Really? My first thought would have been, "Gold Heist!" :P

 
Passers by must have thought they were in Disneyworld. Where else would you see a Mickey and a Mini together? :rofl:
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Passers by must have thought they were in Disneyworld. Where else would you see a Mickey and a Mini together? :rofl:
Priceless! :rofl:
 
Thread starter
:rofl: that is pretty funny. Good one Sea
 
College buddy had an original mini, and he knew how to drive.
I bought a Mini S in 2003 when they came back and still drive it. A sweet handling little car, fun at the speed limit and definitely at home on the mountain roads. Hate looking up at a deer though.

You do a nice job with your ride reports, really enjoy seeing the photos.
 
Back
Top