Miles vs Time

Motogeezer1949_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Well, I've had custody of '14 DLX#95 for 13 months now and just turned over 13k miles yesterday. To say that riding it gives me much satisfaction is an understatement. Interestingly, my 4 wheeled ride, a '15 Mazda 6 has just turned 14k in the same time frame and I enjoy it almost as much ;)
 
Since I retired in 2012 I have put 51,000 miles on 2 wheels and approx 5,000 miles in 4 wheels. As you can see I am hardly ever in my 2010 Ridgeline truck, which is 5 years old and has 37,000 miles on it. My ST will turn over 60,000 miles in the next week or so, and my 14 DLX will hit 14,000 miles in the next few days. Love the truck, it's a very nice truck, but love the bikes a whole lot more.
 
I'm disappointed to say I've slowed down a bit this year. I put more than 30,000 kms on the CB in just over a year, but only a few thousand more this year. I'll have to get to work, although I did put 2,000+ kms on one of EagleRider's ST1300s. I suppose I can count that.
 
Between the three bikes it's tough to put on miles on any one of them. Just bought a F150, very sweet ride - with A/C! As you can imagine, it's getting the seat time now. :D
 
My car goes about 1800kms a year (yeah, not a typo) and my bikes about 20k. If it didn't rain so much in Vancouver I would fully have no car and ride everywhere.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Since I retired in 2012 I have put 51,000 miles on 2 wheels and approx 5,000 miles in 4 wheels. As you can see I am hardly ever in my 2010 Ridgeline truck, which is 5 years old and has 37,000 miles on it. My ST will turn over 60,000 miles in the next week or so, and my 14 DLX will hit 14,000 miles in the next few days. Love the truck, it's a very nice truck, but love the bikes a whole lot more.
That sounds familiar :) The other day I checked my old Nissan Frontier to see if it was time for an oil change. To my surprise it had traveled less than 3,000 miles since July of last year. The two CBs logged about 15K between them.
 
hmmm.. bought my (only) new car in 2000.

now the car has a little less than 25,000 mi on it
but in the same time I've probably done about 200,000 mi+ or so on motorcycles.

my preferences are clear.

(For local trips, I also prefer to get around by bicycle instead of car if I can. I suppose if it gets to where I can't manage 2 wheels anymore, a 3 wheeled vehicle might do)
 
I commute over 100 miles per day, round trip to NYC. But it's in the splendor of a coach bus with music, wi-fi and all the trimmings, not on a motorbike. Hence, my annual bike mileage is rather low, as it's entirely composed of weekend spirited riding. And divided over multiple bikes, at that. I currently have just shy of 2000 miles on the CB.
 
Wow... I'm with many of you. Here's my mileage in the last 12 months.

-CB, about 2600 miles. 600 at the rally in May.
-Harley, about 800 miles.
-KLR, I'm embarrassed to tell you... way less than the Harley.
-Expedition, 12000 miles. I keep it in Ga now... as a spare vehicle.
-MKS, 30,000 miles.
-GLK, 13000 miles; technically my wife's car, but I put most of the miles on it.

For the life of the vehicles... I've owned them all since new.

2014 CB - 2600 miles
2009 KLR - 2100 miles
2004 HD - 23000 miles
2014 GLK - 20,000 miles
2009 MKS - 146000 miles
2005 Expedition - 155000 miles

As you can see... I clearly drive too much, and ride too little. :(

Ah but retirement (in a few years) will change that!!! :biker:
 
Clicked over 38,000 kms on the CB earlier this week.
 
Back
Top