Mileage test and seat cushion addition

Mscb1100_imp

Been there
Thread starter
With the temperatures here being in the high 90's and a heat index of 103+ for the past few days, I have limited my riding to the early morning hours, arriving back home with it around 85 degrees. I have a 65 mile loop that includes an elevation change of 800 ft within 3 mile stretch and several switchbacks, long sweepers, several left right left right curves and virtually no traffic. I only saw 5 cars during the ride today.

I also tried out a new cushion both days, taking out the bladder of my Air Hawk and replacing it with a same shape mempory foam with a cutout about 3 inches wide and 4 inches long in the rear where my tailbone would be. It made a tremendous difference and I think i could now easily do 125 to 150 miles without needing to stop.

Mileage yesterday was 54.5 and 55.7 today. Average speed was probably 45
This is a 2017 Versys 650
 
Sounds like a great loop. We've been having the same type weather.

Seat experiment sounds interesting.

My nephew with the KTM 696 and Guzzi V7 just picked up a Versys 650.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Sounds like a great loop. We've been having the same type weather.

Seat experiment sounds interesting.

My nephew with the KTM 696 and Guzzi V7 just picked up a Versys 650.
I hope he likes it as much as I like mine.
The suspension setup is the best I've ever experienced in 50 years of riding!!
If he complains of the forward slope/slide toward the tank I can pass along a very simple fix that takes 5 minutes and cost less than 10$
 
We will see. He's pretty much a Euro kinda guy. I'm really suprised he bought it, although he's had a couple SV 650's he liked. I have another riding buddy who has had several Versys 650s and loves them.
 
Back
Top