Michelin PR3 Tire Replacements ?

bflint

Been there
Thread starter
Can anybody provide me specs (mfgr, brand, sizes) for a matched pair of tires that "might be similar" to my old Michelin PR3's?

Currently have Pirelli Angel GT tires that are close to done at 7000 cross country highway miles. PR3's looked better at 8000 miles than these Pirellis (also wore more evenly ... not flat down the middle).

FYI, the PR3's that I ran before were 110/80ZR-18 on front and 160/60ZR-18 on rear.

Thanks .. tire shopping hurts :(
 
I just bought the Bridgestone Battlax T31. Can't say they'll be better than the Michelins but look good and so far have worked.
 
Thread starter
Nemo_imp said:
I just bought the Bridgestone Battlax T31. Can't say they'll be better than the Michelins but look good and so far have worked.
What are sizes you bought (ex 110/70zr18) for front and rear?
egleaves_imp said:
I'm about to install my second set of Pirelli Sport Demons. I'm got almost 9000 miles out of the first set and I'm just now down to the wear bars on the rear. The front has enough tread left that I'm thinking of keeping it as a spare.

I've never run PR3's, so I don't know how similar they are.

Pirelli Sport Demon Sport Touring Tires - RevZilla
What are sizes you bought (ex 110/70zr18) for front and rear?
 
why not another set of PR3s? Revzillas got em.

The front is a 120 though. Many others and I have ran the 120 with no issues at all. I'm tempted to snag another pair while they're available even though mine have plenty of life left in them.

There are also the Metzeler Z8s. I have no experience with them but they're pretty cheap and available in the correct sizes.
 
bflint_imp said:
Can anybody provide me specs (mfgr, brand, sizes) for a matched pair of tires that "might be similar" to my old Michelin PR3's?

Currently have Pirelli Angel GT tires that are close to done at 7000 cross country highway miles. PR3's looked better at 8000 miles than these Pirellis (also wore more evenly ... not flat down the middle).

FYI, the PR3's that I ran before were 110/80ZR-18 on front and 160/60ZR-18 on rear.

Thanks .. tire shopping hurts :(
Is the 160/60ZR-18 the same size, (circumference) as the original 140/70-18? The 140/70-18 seems to be hard to find.
 
Thread starter
dbarkdoll_imp said:
why not another set of PR3s? Revzillas got em.

The front is a 120 though. Many others and I have ran the 120 with no issues at all. I'm tempted to snag another pair while they're available even though mine have plenty of life left in them.

There are also the Metzeler Z8s. I have no experience with them but they're pretty cheap and available in the correct sizes.
What spec? Are you running 120/70zr17 58w PR3's.
 
bflint_imp said:
dbarkdoll_imp said:
why not another set of PR3s? Revzillas got em.

The front is a 120 though. Many others and I have ran the 120 with no issues at all. I'm tempted to snag another pair while they're available even though mine have plenty of life left in them.

There are also the Metzeler Z8s. I have no experience with them but they're pretty cheap and available in the correct sizes.
What spec? Are you running 120/70zr17 58w PR3's.
What spec? Are you running 120/70zr17 58w PR3's.
Sorry, should have specified. 18 inch wheels for me.
 
Thread starter
dbarkdoll_imp said:
bflint_imp said:
dbarkdoll_imp said:
why not another set of PR3s? Revzillas got em.

The front is a 120 though. Many others and I have ran the 120 with no issues at all. I'm tempted to snag another pair while they're available even though mine have plenty of life left in them.

There are also the Metzeler Z8s. I have no experience with them but they're pretty cheap and available in the correct sizes.
What spec? Are you running 120/70zr17 58w PR3's.
What spec? Are you running 120/70zr17 58w PR3's.
Sorry, should have specified. 18 inch wheels for me.
What spec? Are you running 120/70zr17 58w PR3's.
Sorry, should have specified. 18 inch wheels for me. Is this it > PR3 120/70zr18 59w ?
 
Thread starter
Nemo_imp said:
I just bought the Bridgestone Battlax T31. Can't say they'll be better than the Michelins but look good and so far have worked.
Called around locally (San Diego) for these, but no one has a distributor who carries them because they are new model. Have T30's but not in my factory size .... everyone wants to argue with me about using 160 on back vs 140 (cause 140 doesn't exist). Hate tire shopping !!!
Nemo_imp said:
I just bought the Bridgestone Battlax T31. Can't say they'll be better than the Michelins but look good and so far have worked.
Are these the sizes you have ?
T31 front : 110/80ZR18 58W
T31 rear : 160/60ZR18 70W
 
Thread starter
Pulled trigger. Ordered these from CycleGear. Many Thanks for your feedback!

T31 front : 110/80ZR18 58W
T31 rear : 160/60ZR18 70W

$332 (delivery to local store).
 
Back
Top