Michelin Pilot Road 3's the party's over...

bigsheep_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I just joined the party and now it's over. I could stockpile a couple of years worth of back tires, but we'll have to find a new direction for our odd duck sized bikes. Any thoughts?
 
Just had brand new Avon Roadriders installed on my DLX 5 days ago. Wonderful, wonderful wonderful tire, even the tread pattern screams "cool." When I had an '07 T100, the Roadriders were what all the other Bonnie owners were running, or so it seemed by perusing the forum posts. I popped a set on my Bonnie and there was no looking back. Can't wait to see how they wear on this heavier bike.
 
I'll be interested to hear how you find the Avons kvdv. I see they come in the stock rear size.
 
Just got back from my first road test after mounting the new tennis shoes. The Conti Road Attack 2s were great. I've never driven a good set of the stock tires, but these are just fine with the 160/60 rear.

The roads were damp but not full on wet and never had an issue. I'm in for a spirited ride on Monday with some friends and really looking forward to that!
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Bridgestone T30 EVO. They're available in the stock sizes for the CB. I love 'em on my K1200RS.
These are top of my list when I replace the rear. I have a brand new front and thinking to upsize to the 160 rear in the T30.

Glad to hear positive comments on the tyre!

:beerchug:
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Bridgestone T30 EVO. They're available in the stock sizes for the CB. I love 'em on my K1200RS.
please tell me where you have found these in the stock sizes in the USA?
I have to recommend the Metzeler Z8
 
I have a set of Bridgestone T30 EVO GT tires on my ST. 3000 miles and so far I like them a lot. Time will tell though.

I haven't found a set for the CB1100 in the proper sizes though for sale in the states. :(
 
I love my Michelins and unfortunately go thru a lot of tires. I'm going to miss them a lot. Never been a real fan of Bridgestones or Dunlop's. Tried a set of Metzler Z8's on one of my FZ-1 s and they handled well but didn't last for beans. As soon as they wore out I was back on Michelin Pilot Roads. Not looking forward to finding a new favorite tire for the CB
 
The ferret_imp said:
I love my Michelins and unfortunately go thru a lot of tires. I'm going to miss them a lot. Never been a real fan of Bridgestones or Dunlop's. Tried a set of Metzler Z8's on one of my FZ-1 s and they handled well but didn't last for beans. As soon as they wore out I was back on Michelin Pilot Roads. Not looking forward to finding a new favorite tire for the CB
Me either! :(
 
Ferret, I know 2000 isn't much, but have 2000 on my Z8's so far and still look new. If I can get 6000 I'll be satisfied.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I love my Michelins and unfortunately go thru a lot of tires. I'm going to miss them a lot. Never been a real fan of Bridgestones or Dunlop's. Tried a set of Metzler Z8's on one of my FZ-1 s and they handled well but didn't last for beans. As soon as they wore out I was back on Michelin Pilot Roads. Not looking forward to finding a new favorite tire for the CB
Me either! :(
Me either! :(

Me either...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
jimgl3_imp said:
Ferret, I know 2000 isn't much, but have 2000 on my Z8's so far and still look new. If I can get 6000 I'll be satisfied.
I'm used to 9-10,000 out of a set of PR3s. I rode 3600 miles LAST MONTH, and will turn over 15,000 miles for the year in the next day or two.
 
jimgl3_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
Bridgestone T30 EVO. They're available in the stock sizes for the CB. I love 'em on my K1200RS.
please tell me where you have found these in the stock sizes in the USA?
I have to recommend the Metzeler Z8
please tell me where you have found these in the stock sizes in the USA? It looks like I spoke too soon. The fronts and rears are listed on the Bridgestone USA website:

http://www.bridgestone.com/products...bike_model]=HONDA::1100::CB1100+(2010-)::SC65

but I can only find the fronts, not the rears, on the on-line motorcycle tire stores (Chaparral, BikeBandit, Partzilla, Competition Accessories). My guess is they're not available yet. Perhaps they've not been manufactured yet. My apologies for the confusion.
 
I'm pretty used to having products I like becoming discontinued by the manufacturer. So, next is probably the Pirelli Angel Gt. They look suitable and have a good rep.
 
Thread starter
After a very happy 16000km on my PR3's I am switching over to the metzlers Z8 in the 140/70 size. I got a great deal from Tripp cycle in Oakville. Front and back tire installed and balanced for $470 plus tax. Anyone else in the area I would highly recommend this shop. PM for more details.
 
Back
Top