Stichill
Road warrior
^ I've had this same experience with the Z8s on a different motorcycle.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Disagree with regard to dry painted lines and at least two tires.mininsx_imp said:You mean a rubber tire will slip when in contact with paint on the road? (sarcasm)
C'mon, any tire will slip on a painted line.
Thanks. We did come thru Wilkerson on Weds on our way back from Ouray loop but ran into some rain of Biblical proportions. 110 miles worth, and plenty of mud/gravel washed onto road too. Today was to catch some views that we missed on Weds. But raining over there and on 67 today too, it looks.LongRanger_imp said:MN-Ed, sorry you're going to miss Wilkerson, but the real jewels in that area are Tarryall Road and Hwy 67. Hopefully you can hit them the next time you're out here.
UPDATE.... just got back from Apex Sports in CO Springs. New set of BS BT-54s on her now. Front was down to its wear bars too. Not my first choice in tire, but they will be fine and I admit the 1000 mile trip was a crazy idea. Fine dealership, wish I had them in MN. Service Manager Levi and the mechanic crew were a pleasure to deal with. They had my tires (and a set of Metzeler Interact, lol) I n stock and made room for me!Lord Popgun_imp said:1000 miles on a tire with cords exposed. Wear plenty of ATGATT and expect a blowout and be happy if it doesn't happen.
Just put a new tire on it. We really do NOT want to read about any accidents.
Good luck.
PS. You should be able to post pics. No time limit for noobs.
My Metzeler Z8 Interacts had about 6,200 miles on them. The cords appeared pretty quickly, like over 400 miles yesterday. Got 11K+ out of my stock Dunlops, although I had a good flat spot going on the rear by the time I changed them too.johnf514_imp said:Crazy to see those cords poking through on MN-Ed's post. How many miles did you put on them for that to happen?
I have 4K miles on my rear Z8, plus a track day, and no issues here
