Metzeler Roadtec Z8 Interact

You know Django, if your government tried just a bit, they could make that lic. plate a little bigger! :)
 
Rboe_imp said:
At ease popgun, license plate envy is not pretty...... :angel:
:rofl: You're filling in for Cormanus while he's on the road aren't you :D
 
Thread starter
Well, this is indeed the smallest size of licence plates for motorcycle in Germany by law. I don't care as they look all the same. I'm more a rider than a poser anyway.

Until a few years ago they were even an inch or so larger. We called them 'baking tray'.
 
Django_imp said:
Well, this is indeed the smallest size of licence plates for motorcycle in Germany by law. I don't care as they look all the same. I'm more a rider than a poser anyway.

Until a few years ago they were even an inch or so larger. We called them 'baking tray'.
Yes, Please give us a review. Even though I just purchased the Bridgestone front.
 
I would really like set of z8 metzeler's, but they do not import 140/70-18 in to north America, [hopefully next year, bug the metzeler distributer please] you can get the front 110/80-18 but you have to put a 160/60-18 on the rear, wider tires = slower handling and not a good match on a 4.00 inch rim need a 4.50 for a 160 tire. I have had metzelers on a lot of different bikes and have always had good feed back. We ride a lot of mountain roads in bc and north WA. and ride with some fast guys. foot peg draggers. My front Bridgestone bt54 was bald at 5000 kms. [3100 miles] 36psi all the time, rear tire about half done [42psi]. I would like to try z8 in the right size. Hope Django gives a good report back on them!
 
Thread starter
First impression after 500 km is very good. It's really good to steer, hits the line in the curve, very handy and no glitch so far, even as I start to provoke it.

At the beginning I was a bit guarded, as I didn't trust it too much. It's a complete new tire to me. Then I got a little bit more familiar to it.

Handling is better than the Bridgestone T30 (160/60 ZR18) , which I used before. While I really like the grip of the T30, I always was a little bit unhappy with the 160 size, which is not the best fit for the rim.

I rode the Z8 some km in rain at one day. No problem at all. Full grip at speeding up out of the corner. I applied the brake into ABS to get a feeling, when it starts to block on wet road: very late with wheezing tires. Grip seems to be good. :thumbsup:

So, I'm starting to feel very confident with this new tire and I'm down to footpeg dragging already (feelers removed). Chicken strips have been already gone.

Lets see, how it works on longer trips. Next Sunday I'll go out for a 300 km trip in twisty back roads with some friends on their beemers.

So far, I would buy it again without any hesitation.
 
I mounted the Metzeler Z8 on my CB1100 some days ago, too. After approx. 400 km I am very happy with the tires and can fully agree to what Django said. Compared to the former Pirelli Sport Demon it is a class or more better.
Ranking list so far:
#3 Pirelli Sport Demon
#2 Dunlop D205
#1 Metzeler Z8
 
I had Metzlers (stock) on my VFR and they were adequate - at best. Switched to Michelin PR2s, which were much better. I'm having no issues with the PR3 160 rears.
 
I had a set of these on my NC. Not a fan at all. Rear kicked out on me twice in a light rain, without warning. Several other people had the bike just skid out from underneath them in a turn.

I run Dunlop Elite III's on my CB750K and love them.

The bridgestone's that came on the CB1100 are nice, but they feel like a softer tire and might not last long.
 
xNE0x_imp said:
I had a set of these on my NC. Not a fan at all. Rear kicked out on me twice in a light rain, without warning. Several other people had the bike just skid out from underneath them in a turn.

I run Dunlop Elite III's on my CB750K and love them.

The bridgestone's that came on the CB1100 are nice, but they feel like a softer tire and might not last long.
"these" = ...?
Pirelli or Metzeler?
(sorry for my dumb question - I am not a native speaker)

If "these" means "Pirelli" I can confirm that. Running with Pirellis in rain was not my favorite.
If "these" means "Metzeler" ... hm, I did not ride in rain so far with my new set of rubbers. Let's see...
 
ingobohn_imp said:
xNE0x_imp said:
I had a set of these on my NC. Not a fan at all. Rear kicked out on me twice in a light rain, without warning. Several other people had the bike just skid out from underneath them in a turn.

I run Dunlop Elite III's on my CB750K and love them.

The bridgestone's that came on the CB1100 are nice, but they feel like a softer tire and might not last long.
"these" = ...?
Pirelli or Metzeler?
(sorry for my dumb question - I am not a native speaker)

If "these" means "Pirelli" I can confirm that. Running with Pirellis in rain was not my favorite.
If "these" means "Metzeler" ... hm, I did not ride in rain so far with my new set of rubbers. Let's see...
"these" = ...?
Pirelli or Metzeler?
(sorry for my dumb question - I am not a native speaker)

If "these" means "Pirelli" I can confirm that. Running with Pirellis in rain was not my favorite.
If "these" means "Metzeler" ... hm, I did not ride in rain so far with my new set of rubbers. Let's see...
Metzeler Z8's.. I know it was a different bike (less HP, less weight) but I was not a fan.
 
Worth noting to my European brothers that you can get the Dunlop Road Smart 3's in the correct sizes.
I'm running a set and they are perfect, really and wet weather grip is like no other I've tried.
I'm running Metzeler (01 Roadtec I think) on my versys and I don't get the grip or feel that I do from the Road Smart 3's. Obvs. Diff. Bike and I prefer the CB hands down, so probably not that fair a comparison.
 
Back
Top