Memorial Day Weekend

chandler_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Trailered the CB to
Alabama and heading out to Barber’s museum with my father in law tomorrow. Should be a nice ride.
22b87b8e9da26181a71d866b0bfd02fd.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Nice , one of these days I am going to make it to Barber.
 
I love Barber the museum and the racetrack and grounds . I usually go every year . Moto America race is in September , already got my tickets and hotel less than a mile from the track . Rode my cb1100 there last year. With my son on his 919,was one of the best times of my riding experiences .
 
Passed it a while back, didn't have time to stop and check it out, and I was very bummed.
 
Great roads to ride around Birmingham in the areas just outside of town.
The landscape is very similar to Berea, KY
I bought a house in Hoover, 15 minutes from Barber , last year just after the Berea gathering as a retirement home.
Retired in Dec of 18 and have just moved over here.
 
any empty rooms David? lol
 
For those who have not been to Barber, put it on your "to do list." It is probably the most complete museum showcasing bikes from all over the world. Vintage Festival Days in October is a great time to go. Swap meet, Vintage racing, Auction, etc. I just might go again this year. Well worth the trip from anywhere, anytime! Ferret, put it on your calendar!
 
The young fellow who bought my F800GT lived in Birmingham. He said the museum is fantastic and he raved about the track that is open to the public for track days.
 
Thread starter
Barber’s was awesome. We spent almost three hours just wandering the floors and looking at all of the bikes and cars. It was a great day. Beautiful roads there and back.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
For Memorial Day, today, I'm going to ride up to Rose Hills cemetery and visit the grave of my dear friend who was killed in combat in 1968 in Tay Ninh province, Viet Nam. I will share a beer with him, tell him he is missed, and put a flag at his headstone.
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
For Memorial Day, today, I'm going to ride up to Rose Hills cemetery and visit the grave of my dear friend who was killed in combat in 1968 in Tay Ninh province, Viet Nam. I will share a beer with him, tell him he is missed, and put a flag at his headstone.
Well done...at least he had you as a friend in this life.
 
Back
Top