Meeting of the CB Hierarchy?Shout out for Agenda Items

Mo's is pretty good place for chowder. When I was in college, we use to go up on the space needle, eat a bunch of M&Ms then see how far our spit would travel. Such hooligans.
 
Lol I don't think we will be going up, just driving by and looking at it. my wife wanted to see it. I pick Mt Ranier (I love mountains)
 
If you can do Rainier in the AM you may miss the crowds. I like the trip up to "Sunrise" a little more than "Paradise", but both are great. If you want a great motorcycle road (except for the frost heaves in a few places) check out the road to Windy Ridge on Mt St Helens just south of Rainier. The space needle has a web cam if you want the view from the top. The needle is from the 1962 worlds fair and the theatre I work at is on the same "campus". If you want stop by or need a parking space I'll be there. Finally, rush hour in Seattle can be almost as bad as Portland.
Jon Z
 
I know, one day left and I got my cobbler.

Funny story tonight we are in Olympia after spending most of the day with our daughter in law and her mother in Cannon Beach. Then Di and I headed up the coast again. So tonight we are in the hotel trying to find a place to eat, and my wife suggests Jack in the Box. I was skeptical. I had eaten in one on last years Cali trip but she had never eaten at one. So we go there and she orders a Teryaki Bowl with chicken and an egg roll. After eating a while, she says " you wknow this may be the best meal I've had on the road". Made me laugh. Now we've eaten at some fancy restaurants in So Cal, meals that cost upwards of $75 for the two of us and here she likes this $11 fast food meal. That's my girl lol

A note about motorcycles on this trip. We have seen a ton of them and the weather has just been perfect for motorcycling. I'd have to say the predominant type we've seen are surprisingly NOT Harleys, although we have seen a bunch of them. The predominant bikes we have seen on the road are ADV bikes and numerically lots of the big GS's, and surprisingly quite a few KTM's, then KLRS. ADV's are literally everywhere. In So Cal, sport bikes were the predominant bikes but the further north we got the more ADV bikes took over. Seen a few Bonnevilles, but have yet to see a CB1100.

JonZ thanks for the heads up. I will mention all this to my wife in the am. how can I get ahold of you in case? PM me your cell number
 
The ferret_imp said:
Wow...wow just left meeting at the secluded meeting cabin. Went over a "mountain" of things, and had some true "waterfall" moments. The business lunch really hit the spot although I almost "chickened" out. Much tea was consumed, (unfortunately we couldn't locate any peach cobbler). I think we came to a consensus. I will say it doesn't look too good for one of you, but I am not at liberty to say who at this time.

New found admiration for the CEO and enjoyed meeting his lovely wife. All in all a great day spent in the company of a great man and a good friend.
Man, I knew I shouldn't have tried to bribe the Ferret... :(
 
Wow, been away for a few days and look what I missed! Hey Ferret, how do I get one of the two sided forum shirts with small front logo you are rockin'? Don't see them in the forum store...
 
Veech, I think you had to be at the rally?
 
The rally shirts were designed by Chapomis and had the small logo on the front and the rally info on the back, dates, lists of famous attractions were we rode etc.

This particular shirt was a gift, a collaboration of several members and has my forum name on the front and an RLET Racing design by MTC on the back. One of a kind.
 
Sitting in Seattle airport. Only 3 more hours until plane takes off. Mt Ranier was awesome and the park beautiful. Even though Jonz warned me, we made it to the Space Needle at 3 pm just in time for some serious rush hour traffic. West coasters are the most serious lane changers and jammers I have ever had the horror of witnessing. Nobody is ever in the lane they want to be in, and if a gap is 13' long, a 12' car will jam in there at full speed or zero speed, no difference.
Anyhow great trip. Wish it had been on a bike, well except for the traffic part.

Favorite stretch of road still Hwy 1 north of Bodega Bay, ADV bikes ruled the roads and makes me want one badly. if only I were a half foot taller. Apparently there are a lot of people who do not share my fear of BMW final drive failures.

And the world needs more CBs running around.

Special thanks to Guth, Metallyguitarded and JonZ for their awesome contributions to our plans. We hit many of the places these 3 suggested and were never disappointed.
 
Ferret, that West Coast traffic is, sadly, the way Sydney traffic behaviour is developing. Sort of "Sydney drivers abhor a vacuum". An interstate trucker recently said, after being accused of tailgating, "For me to leave a safe gap in front of my truck I would need to drive in reverse".

One of the reasons I envy you your riding location. And Cormanus' as well.

Cheers
 
thanks Birds

Ptero... I can't wait to get back home and roll the CB out and ride over to "My Road" and enjoy the peace and solitude and quiet and beauty and serenty of my local roads.

I really do not understand " city people" ( those who love living " where all the action is downtown") all the hustle and bustle and noise and congestion and rudeness and homeless. No offense to those who do, but No Thanks. I love living in the country.
 
If I wasn't still working on a degree, I wouldn't go near the city. But you get used to dealing with the traffic and start buying modulated head and tail lights.
 
Well you certainly have a beautiful area to ride in.
 
We've had one in Seattle already with a second in the works. See the meet ups and gatherings section.
 
Back
Top