McCruise Cruise Control

FWIW, when I bought my VFR800 it had MCCRUISE control already set up on the bike. I can vouch for the product in that it worked very well for its intended purpose of long, straight highway riding. A nice experience! :)
 
Flynrider_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
First it's cruise control, then it's cup holders...what's next, windshields?

Harumph. In my day we didn't have cruise control, and we liked it that way!
In my day (mid 80s), I was finishing up a 5500 mi. road trip with a near-Iron Butt last day. A dash from Northern CA to Phoenix. After 16 hours of riding, the vibes from my 750 twin turned my wrist to jelly. 50 miles from home at 3 AM, and my completely numb wrist could not hold the throttle open any longer. I ended up digging through my pack, finding a small set of vise grips and clamping the throttle open for the rest of the ride home. Caveman cruise control! Ughh, ughh, ughh.

Since then I've always had some kind of throttle lock for those long stretches. For the CB11 I was really tempted by the fancy Kaoko bar end lock. Ultimately, my wallet won out and I got a simple Go Cruise in shiny polished aluminum, to go with all of the other shiny bits on the bike. Oddly enough, the Go Cruise operates very much like my improvised vice grip lock of the 80s.
Man stuff, Tim Allen would approve!
 
vice grips, duck tape, maybe a hairpin. McGiver can build a nuke plant with that!
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
First it's cruise control, then it's cup holders...what's next, windshields?

Harumph. In my day we didn't have cruise control, and we liked it that way!
I wish I could be naffed searching for the post in which talked about how much you liked your Kaoke throttle lock. :P
 
Cormanus_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
First it's cruise control, then it's cup holders...what's next, windshields?

Harumph. In my day we didn't have cruise control, and we liked it that way!
I wish I could be naffed searching for the post in which talked about how much you liked your Kaoke throttle lock. :P
I wish I could be naffed searching for the post in which talked about how much you liked your Kaoke throttle lock. :P
If you want consistency go to McDonald's. My posts are Denny's between 2 and 5 am.
 
cmc1891_imp said:
Yes, the cost for the kits are quite high, but understandable to me. The company is giving you an electric actuator to operate the throttle cables, extra throttle cables, a bike specific wiring harness set to know speed / engine rpm / and other things and make everything communicate, a device to read engine vacuum, an ECU to control it all, a switch panel on the handlebars to control the ECU, and likely a significant amount of time invested in control algorithm coding to make it all work smoothly just like in a car. That's a lot of stuff, so while I wish the kits were cheaper too, I understand why they cost what they do.

Anyway, I thought it was worth a shot to ask if anyone else had an interest. If lots were interested I was hoping we might initiate a group buy to get him to make a kit if x orders could be guaranteed. But I suspect if I decide to go with a CB1100, I will just use a crampbuster paddle.
Count me in!
 
Back
Top