Maximum Range

MrTim_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
So I thought that due to the pretty average fuel gauge our dear CB's have been blessed with that it would be helpful to discuss the maximum distance that we've gone on our respective tanks.
Going 120kph on the highway I've done a touch over 200km on my '11, by this stage the gauge has been on the last bar and flashing red for some time. I have a feeling that I could go a bit further but of course the flashing gauge gets me nervous and I pull in to fill up.
What are your experiences?
 
furthest I have gone on a tank..still had gas in tank on both when I filled up

180 miles on a 13

203 miles on a 14 dlx
 
My best trip was 219.2 kms and I put 10.97 litres in the bike meaning there must have been about 3 litres left. Not sure I want to risk it. :)
 
Have done 230kms up and down the Oxley and I wasn't sparing the neddies. For the last 10kms or so I really thought I was going to be in need of a Petrol Samaritan. Refill was just a tad over 13ltrs - lucky me! I am checking Fuelly now and find that on more conservative highway use I have regularly achieved 230 and filled up with about 12ltrs. I am checking Fuelly to see if I can post a link to my account. You may be interested.

Cheers
 
Tim, for interest my Fuelly entry for the Oxley ride:

111(fillup number).... 14/09/13....234.0(kms).... 13.41(ltrs) ....5.7(ltrs/100kms).... 1.699($/ltr) .....0%(of city riding) ....Wauchope - NR North Coast run. Up the Oxley and back. Nearly ran it dry.

Cheers
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Have done 230kms up and down the Oxley and I wasn't sparing the neddies. For the last 10kms or so I really thought I was going to be in need of a Petrol Samaritan. Refill was just a tad over 13ltrs - lucky me! I am checking Fuelly now and find that on more conservative highway use I have regularly achieved 230 and filled up with about 12ltrs. I am checking Fuelly to see if I can post a link to my account. You may be interested.

Cheers
Don't you hate a smartarse? http://www.fuelly.com/driver/pterodactyl/cb1100

Edit: This is neat too. http://www.fuelly.com/driver/pterodactyl/cb1100/fuelchart

Fuelly has acquired an app called Gas Cubby and is promising a revision which will link to the web data base. You'll be able to belt the refuelling details into your phone and Bingo! I'm not, though, holding my breath. :)
 
128 ....21/10/13 ....235.0 ....12.29 ....5.2 .....1.495 ....0% ....PI return. Bairnsdale

And for comparison a fuel up at Bairnsdale, returning from the MotoGP. Straight down the Princes Highway. 235kms with over a litre remaining so maybe another 20-30kms before I would have to walk.

Cheers
Cormanus_imp said:
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Have done 230kms up and down the Oxley and I wasn't sparing the neddies. For the last 10kms or so I really thought I was going to be in need of a Petrol Samaritan. Refill was just a tad over 13ltrs - lucky me! I am checking Fuelly now and find that on more conservative highway use I have regularly achieved 230 and filled up with about 12ltrs. I am checking Fuelly to see if I can post a link to my account. You may be interested.

Cheers
Don't you hate a smartarse? http://www.fuelly.com/driver/pterodactyl/cb1100

Edit: This is neat too. http://www.fuelly.com/driver/pterodactyl/cb1100/fuelchart

Fuelly has acquired an app called Gas Cubby and is promising a revision which will link to the web data base. You'll be able to belt the refuelling details into your phone and Bingo! I'm not, though, holding my breath. :)
Good shot - ya got me :).
 
I get about 44 mpg on my commute @ 75 - 80 mph. If I relax it down to 70 mph it goes up close to 50 mpg. With 3.9 gallons that wold get me close to ferret numbers. :D
 
Randy B_imp said:
I get about 44 mpg on my commute @ 75 - 80 mph. If I relax it down to 70 mph it goes up close to 50 mpg. With 3.9 gallons that wold get me close to ferret numbers. :D

Blue is commonly used by car manufacturers to denote efficiency. Mercedes and Hyundai to name a few.

Maybe your blue bike is an 'Eco model'?
 
Tortuga_imp said:
Ole_imp said:
I have gone 180 miles 2 or 3 times.
I just ignore the damn flashing thing
Oil warning light? :D
Oil warning light? :D
Dude, you're on fire today.
 
Tortuga_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Tortuga_imp said:
Ole_imp said:
I have gone 180 miles 2 or 3 times.
I just ignore the damn flashing thing
Oil warning light? :D
Oil warning light? :D
Dude, you're on fire today.
Oil warning light? :D
Dude, you're on fire today.

As quick as we post, Ferret is deleting...it's like playing whack-a-mole.
Oil warning light? :D
Dude, you're on fire today.

As quick as we post, Ferret is deleting...it's like playing whack-a-mole.
Gotta give him some way to exercise his authority.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Tortuga_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Tortuga_imp said:
Ole_imp said:
I have gone 180 miles 2 or 3 times.
I just ignore the damn flashing thing
Oil warning light? :D
Oil warning light? :D
Dude, you're on fire today.
Oil warning light? :D
Dude, you're on fire today.

As quick as we post, Ferret is deleting...it's like playing whack-a-mole.
Oil warning light? :D
Dude, you're on fire today.

As quick as we post, Ferret is deleting...it's like playing whack-a-mole.
Gotta give him some way to exercise his authority.
Oil warning light? :D
Dude, you're on fire today.

As quick as we post, Ferret is deleting...it's like playing whack-a-mole.
Gotta give him some way to exercise his authority.

...and fingers.

(Have you been drinking? You're not normally this rebellious!)

:beerchug:
 
Tortuga_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Tortuga_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Tortuga_imp said:
Ole_imp said:
I have gone 180 miles 2 or 3 times.
I just ignore the damn flashing thing
Oil warning light? :D
Oil warning light? :D
Dude, you're on fire today.
Oil warning light? :D
Dude, you're on fire today.

As quick as we post, Ferret is deleting...it's like playing whack-a-mole.
Oil warning light? :D
Dude, you're on fire today.

As quick as we post, Ferret is deleting...it's like playing whack-a-mole.
Gotta give him some way to exercise his authority.
Oil warning light? :D
Dude, you're on fire today.

As quick as we post, Ferret is deleting...it's like playing whack-a-mole.
Gotta give him some way to exercise his authority.

...and fingers.

(Have you been drinking? You're not normally this rebellious!)

:beerchug:
Not yet. The sun won't go over the yardarm for another 6 minutes. I won't even start then as I'm riding the CB this afternoon.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Tortuga_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Tortuga_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Tortuga_imp said:
Ole_imp said:
I have gone 180 miles 2 or 3 times.
I just ignore the damn flashing thing
Oil warning light? :D
Oil warning light? :D
Dude, you're on fire today.
Oil warning light? :D
Dude, you're on fire today.

As quick as we post, Ferret is deleting...it's like playing whack-a-mole.
Oil warning light? :D
Dude, you're on fire today.

As quick as we post, Ferret is deleting...it's like playing whack-a-mole.
Gotta give him some way to exercise his authority.
Oil warning light? :D
Dude, you're on fire today.

As quick as we post, Ferret is deleting...it's like playing whack-a-mole.
Gotta give him some way to exercise his authority.

...and fingers.

(Have you been drinking? You're not normally this rebellious!)

:beerchug:
Not yet. The sun won't go over the yardarm for another 6 minutes. I won't even start then as I'm riding the CB this afternoon.
Not yet. The sun won't go over the yardarm for another 6 minutes. I won't even start then as I'm riding the CB this afternoon.
We'll be careful and stay safe mate. If you choose not to however. What size boots are you? :D
 
Back
Top