GoldOxide_imp
Road warrior
True.SportsterDoc_imp said:True.GoldOxide_imp said:I think that is by design. Similar behaviour as WD-40, but different composition, both are engineered to evaporate and leave a surface binding residuum. WD-40 leaves a petroleum-based artifact, while the other silicone. Silicone does not conduct electricity.SportsterDoc_imp said:That is what my dad taught me, but I have be using Remoil for decades.Cormanus_imp said:I always thought graphite was what you used on locks.
Glad you’ve fixed it geosar.
My AZ ranch sees weather down into the teens and I have no lock issues, including trailer locks dating back to 1973 and 1977.
Better lubrication, but it sure likes to migrate.GoldOxide_imp said:For this case, silicone may be a better choice over WD-40. In any case, your call.
- - -
Not sure if it is possible, but also peek down the switch to determine if there is any plastic "switch debris" or other possible foreign matter there. Give it a blow with some air pressure? (wear eye protection)
Unfortunately, graphite conducts electricity.
Used to apply it (consistency of grease) to exterior bridge room insulators at Sylmar Converter Station. The 800,000 volt DC line attracted Interstate 15 pollutants more than a 230,000 volt AC transmission line.
Used to apply it (consistency of grease) to exterior bridge room insulators at Sylmar Converter Station. The 800,000 volt DC line attracted Interstate 15 pollutants more than a 230,000 volt AC transmission line.
Sounds like a pretty cool occupation Doc.

