Makeshift backrest

Mike_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
A way to provide some kind of security to your passenger without spending a bundle... I started with a Hurricane grab rail from Web Bike in Japan. It was shipped here to Wisconsin within a week. I then found this backrest (pad only) on Ebay for about $15. Combined them to make a modest but effective backrest/grabrail combo for about $125.
Not a cross-country solution but great for short trips around town with a passenger on the back.
 
That should be enough to give your passenger a sense of security. Good job.
 
Well done, Mike. Looks good.
 
Do tell! I recently installed a Hepco Alurack which has a high grab bar that sits behind the seat. That pad looks like it would be perfect.

Q: How does it attach to your grab rail?

Q: Do you know the dimesions of the pad (height x width)?

Q: Do you have a link to the eBay seller?

Thanks in advance!
 
Back
Top