Madaket Sprint

Chapomis_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I was out on my DLX doing a few errands, any excuse to ride it, and the sun came out ! Yay ! So I decided to take a sprint out to Madaket. Madaket is our western most village, beautiful sunsets, one restaurant with excellent Mexican food ala East Coast, lots of fish dishes, a fire station the size of a very small garage and a lot of houses. The ever shortening end of the road just turns into beach. We usually loose about 10 to 15 feet of road every year, looks more like 20 to me this year.



To the right of the "end of the line" is our only public vehicle bridge made famous by our WW2 Coast Guard Heroine, "Madaket Millie" History buffs click [url=https://confessionsofacapecodprinter.wordpress.com/2011/12/17/madaket-millie-a-coast-guard-legend/]here.

[url=http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/aswreed/media/IMG_2783_zpsrxbumyug.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/aswreed/media/IMG_2785_zpstmqo0wq8.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/aswreed/media/IMG_2786_zps1gqdz14k.jpg.html]

Next, on to Madaket Harbor which is a well protected harbor....soon to be full of boats....

[url=http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/aswreed/media/IMG_2787_zpsjwhvhds3.jpg.html]

On the way back into town I stopped at Hummock Pond. In the far background is "Seagull Mountain"....has to go somewhere.

[url=http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/aswreed/media/IMG_2788_zpstabd0jhq.jpg.html]

Cheers !

ACK, there was a blue Bonnie parked across from your place this afternoon. Didn't get a close look at it, but it looked nice.
 
Now THAT's the way to run errands. :thumbsup:


:rofl: Seagull Mountain ... Finally a mountain I don't love
 
Nice report and pictures, Chapomis. Can't beat anything near the sea unless it's near the sea with mountains.

How does the CB perform on the beach? :D
 
Cool. Bet that was fun. Looks like a beautiful day for a get together and ride.
 
It was fun, riding with someone is always more fun. NC will be a blast for you guys.
It was nice seeing a DLX up close, they look great.
 
Ack did you ride his bike and feel his sputter or could you hear it?
 
The ferret_imp said:
Ack did you ride his bike and feel his sputter or could you hear it?
I only heard him taking off once and I didn't notice anything. I should have listened closer. The other times mine was making to much noise to hear the CB.
 
Thread starter
Sputter, Sputter, Sputter, dang sputtering CBs

ACK can take it for a ride when I get back from NC, off to Seattle in the am.
 
Back
Top