Houtman_imp
Road warrior
I know that this is a "slippery" statement but at one time both Canada and Australia were part of the British Empire so I should have said : an English chain test .....
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Once upon a time, there were three guys from Australia, Canada and the US drinking beer in Asheville, NC.....Houtman_imp said:I know that this is a "slippery" statement but at one time both Canada and Australia were part of the British Empire so I should have said : an English chain test .....
Once upon a time, there were three guys from Australia, Canada and the US drinking beer in Asheville, NC.....peterbaron_imp said:Once upon a time, there were three guys from Australia, Canada and the US drinking beer in Asheville, NC.....Houtman_imp said:I know that this is a "slippery" statement but at one time both Canada and Australia were part of the British Empire so I should have said : an English chain test .....
Once upon a time, there were three guys from Australia, Canada and the US drinking beer in Asheville, NC.....Houtman_imp said:Once upon a time, there were three guys from Australia, Canada and the US drinking beer in Asheville, NC.....peterbaron_imp said:Once upon a time, there were three guys from Australia, Canada and the US drinking beer in Asheville, NC.....Houtman_imp said:I know that this is a "slippery" statement but at one time both Canada and Australia were part of the British Empire so I should have said : an English chain test .....
I WOULD LOVE FOR THIS TO HAPPEN !!! i WILL PICK UP THE TAB !


Yes, you are right . When we came to America in 1985 that summer many people asked us if we had the fourth of July in England ; my answer always was NO : we go from the third straight to the fifth of July.Cormanus_imp said:It occurs to me that, prior to a certain war of independence, what is now the United States of America was also series of British colonies. Just sayin’.
Proof again that I am always right......The A-man_imp said:I was checking my manual today and believe it or not, the first suggestion is to use 80 or 90w gear oul, then it mentions chain lube. I'll stick with chain wax.
:rofl::rofl: Always!!, and I agree with it as wellmax_imp said:Agree with the flinging, i found the correct amount and frequency of the lubrication in the right place ( inside of the chain with a small brush like you do ) and removing excess on the side like treedoc makes all the difference.
You're right about rotating the wheel and massaging the oil under the rollers and o rings directly after without flinging it off during a ride.
I'm not convinced chain wax will find it's way under the rollers voluntarily, hence the diluted gear oil i use now which crawls in small crivices by design.
On a sidenote the oil that does leave the chain slowly leaves the front sprocket housing as a clear film which makes me think it does not build up too much heavy gunk like heavier lubricants, we'll see.
Keep my eyes open for this magic "Honda " chain spray though, have not seen it here in N.Z. so it may be difficult to obtain, last time i asked for "honda" cooling liquid at the honda dealer they wanted $ 250,00 for 5 litres of 50/50 mix.......it's a small island here.
:clap:
I doubt if chainsaw oil digests O/X rings.Houtman_imp said:I doubt if bicycle chains have O/X rings .
I doubt if chainsaw oil digests O/X rings.mrded_imp said:I doubt if chainsaw oil digests O/X rings.Houtman_imp said:I doubt if bicycle chains have O/X rings .
