Lowering rear brake lever

White Dog_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Someone posted that they had trimmed the bottom of the adjusting rod to lower the brake lever. How much was trimmed off and how much did that action lower the brake lever?

TIA
 
Olyrider_imp said:
A better place to look for pricing on parts:

Hondabikes.com

just sayin'
I added that to my favorites Oly. Didn't know about that one. :thumbsup:

In the case of the plunger, you would save about 40 cents. :P
 
I decided to grind a bit of material from the top of the pedal that contacts the adjusting screw. If the screw is shortened, it might eliminate any possible return to a higher position afterwards. I removed the foot peg assembly & the brake pedal. Ground about .100" from the contact point & reinstalled loosely to confirm that the adjuster would extend to its maximum without contact the pedal. Reinstalled everything & will live with it.
I considered altering the pedal by cutting or bending, but couldn't bring myself to something that would require refinishing the pedal after welding or heating. Just my opinion. Rocket
 
Thread starter
I sprayed my lever with chrome paint. I may re-spray it black or have it powder-coated. I can always have it bent back. My man made his living working metal and he bent my lever by hand after heating.
 
Back
Top