Lower bike

Here is at least one lowering kit: WM : Laydown Kit [WM-5301]

Its made by WM so samurider should also be able to get it. Mr. T of samurider is easier to deal with as he speaks English. Webike is reputable though.
 
Try a lower seat before you mess with lowering kits for the suspension. It can have some deleterious effects on handling.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I’m 5’7 as well and had an inch taken off the stock seat. Here is a pic. It definitely helped!
045b6e090b1fd9bf7f78bb384d2fb29a.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
You neglected to mention your location, but any upholstery shop can get you better, denser and thinner foam under factory leather for much less than ordering new japanese seat. Give that a shot.
 
You can use shorter rear shocks. There was a thread here a year or 2 ago about using shocks from a Triumph Bonneville to replace the Honda ones. The top eye mounting matched, but the bottom one needs a replacement bushing. The thread mentioned the bushing used as a replacement. Triumph shock take-offs are on E-Bay from time to time so it won't cost an arm and a leg to try it. I have them on my CB since I run a Russell seat and with this setup I can flat foot the bike. (I'm inseam challenged too.)

Ok, see...http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7084

It does make getting the bike on the center stand more difficult - I roll the rear wheel up on a block of wood then put it on the stand.
 
bikerpipes_imp said:
Iam only 5.7 with 30 inch inseam when sittin on cb 1100 toes barely touch has anyone lowered her bike.
Hey Bikerpipes welcome to the forum.
If you're interested in swapping your seat for the Honda standard Japanese (low) version let me know. I have one which was on my bike for about two weeks so it's like new.
 
If you do go with shorter rear shocks you might want to lower the front end as well to stay close to the same rake & trail. On some bikes you can loosen the pinch bolts in the triple trees and raise the fork tubes in them up to maybe a 3/4 to one inch or so. That would lower the front by that much without disassembling forks to install shorter springs inside them.
 
reinie_imp said:
If you do go with shorter rear shocks you might want to lower the front end as well to stay close to the same rake & trail. On some bikes you can loosen the pinch bolts in the triple trees and raise the fork tubes in them up to maybe a 3/4 to one inch or so. That would lower the front by that much without disassembling forks to install shorter springs inside them.
I'd go for the lower seat (in fact I may do soon). I woudn't alter geometries, nor ride height (ground clearance, rake, antisquat, etc will/can change).
 
I too have a 30 inch inseam and the stock height wasn't bad unless there was gravel under foot when stopped/stopping. I lowered my 14 Std by installing 335mm shocks and raising the forks 7/8ths inch in the trees. The bike has the proper rake and trail and handles better than when I had only lowered the rear. If you use a lower seat you might cramp your leg room. I have a Corbin Gunfighter and Lady and my knees are slightly more bent.
Forgot to add that I had to shorten the side stand after lowering. I cut out 3/4 inch under the return spring hook and welded the foot back on. Restored the original lean and now I can walk away comfortably, without worry.
 
+1 on getting your seat cut down as a first step. Here's a pic of my CB750 seats - the one in front I pulled the cover and shaped the foam for my custom build. I brought the reshaped seat to a local auto upholstery shop. They covered it to my specs for ~$160. You can see the difference compared to stock - I took it down more than an inch.



Here's my 500 seat done by the same shop for the same price:

[url=https://postimages.org/]

The trick is finding someone who knows how picky us bikers are about how our machines look!
 
Back
Top