Low side

Obleo

Been there
Thread starter
Well it happened, was in an accident yesterday. Gorgeous day out for a little putt about 10 miles from home. 18 year old girl in a5.0 mustang turned left in front of me ,I hit the brakes instead of hitting her head on at 45 mph. I keep clicking my flash to pass lights to no avail. Bike low sided and ended up about 150 feet down the road. I sliid about 50 feet. Banged up pretty good. Checked out at the ER.Will see how much damage estimate will be . The riding gear saved my bacon.armoured jacket and riding jeans duty boots 3/4 shoie helmet. Mark
 
Man, I'm sorry to hear that. I sure hope you are OK.

Does the bike have engine guards or sliders? How well did they work if you have them?
 
Obleo, I'm so sorry to hear that, but very pleased you came through it. Are you OK other than being rattled?
 
Yikes, sorry to hear and wish you full recovery Mark.
Bike is less important than humans...good luck with fixing it right.

...we never know if we come back home in one piece....
 
Yikes. Sorry to hear it. Hope you aren't banged up too bad.
 
Thread starter
Thanks for the warm wishes. Yes had engine guards ,with hyway

pegs mounted on them pegs slid around and punctuated the left engine case right at bottom oil everywhere,engine guards saved the engine other than the lower case.Iam pretty beat up, nothing broken,a few stitches on my right hand,must have hit the right side switches.
 
Oh man, never like to hear about this! But, glad you can tell us about it. Heal up quick and hope the bike will be ok too!
 
Oh man! I am sorry to hear that. Glad you are ok! Reminds me I need more durable riding pants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get well soon
 
Wow, sorry to hear this. Can happen to all of us. Shows the importance of proper protection gear. Hope you will recover soon!
 
Oh man! Sorry to hear about that! Good, you didn't get hurt too much. Darn left turners.
Wish you a good recovery.
 
Back
Top