Low side

Thread starter
Unbelievable I was cited , failure to maintain control. Cop said that was the worst ticket he ever wrote! Told me he would appear in court to argue on my behalf. He called for a traffic investigator , Sunday afternoon 3:15 they wouldn’t come to the scene. Putting bike back together myself ,I figured if I turned it into the insurance company they would total it .blue book value 4250 minus $500 deductible . I couldn’t replace it for that. Parts are about $450 , I know how I kept this bike up, so no brainer for me.
 
obleo_imp said:
Unbelievable I was cited , failure to maintain control. Cop said that was the worst ticket he ever wrote! Told me he would appear in court to argue on my behalf. He called for a traffic investigator , Sunday afternoon 3:15 they wouldn’t come to the scene. Putting bike back together myself ,I figured if I turned it into the insurance company they would total it .blue book value 4250 minus $500 deductible . I couldn’t replace it for that. Parts are about $450 , I know how I kept this bike up, so no brainer for me.
Which begs the question, "why did he write it?"

Sorry for your mishap, good to hear you survived reasonably intact and sounds like a good plan to put Humpty back together again...but still, if the officer is willing to go to court on your behalf, what's the point of writing the ticket in the first place?

Are police so bound by procedures that they must write tickets w/out considering judgement? If that's true, then wouldn't every single traffic accident warrant a ticket for all parties for "failure to maintain control"? Strange.
 
Thread starter
At the scene of an accident no contact, one party is given a ticket. Didn’t make a lot of sense to me either , also can’t sue for medical expenses .
 
Great so your best option is to run into them? Good to know.
 
Thread starter
That’s right Mickey if I had been hit by her ,instead of avoiding the car , her fault me dead
 
Thread starter
That would probably be a definite maybe. Front end tucked I probably grabbed too much front brake in after thought. Split second decision , picked the lesser of two evils. I keep reliving the scenero and don’t know if I would do anything different . Also getting a little ptsd and that scares me .
 
Not good. You mentioned that you were pushing your flash-to-pass button repeatedly before the incident occurred. Doing so would indicate that you had concerns that the vehicle might be turning in front of you. One thing that you'll likely want to have clear in your mind before going to court is how long were you doing this before you started to brake.
 
Thread starter
The girl stated to me ,when I asked her if she saw me flashing my light she said she didn’t see me because my lights were so bright.WTF.?
 
Sorry to hear about the lowside. Always po's me off when it's something out of your control, and due to the negligence of others :@

On the bright side- you're good enough to be on here telling the tale, and taking the bike apart for repair, because yes, the insurance would've most definitely totaled it.

Hope you're able to get back on your CB in a not-so-distant future
 
Back
Top