Low Seat

OZZY_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi all, in Australia the CB comes with a low seat as std. I am finding this a little too low and would like to try the slightly higher std seat that the US spec bikes are fitted with. Can anyone tell me where I would be best to go to purchase one of these from the US that offers international delivery. Or maybe someone has one available that didn`t suit them? Any assistance appreciated.
 
You might send Dangergirl416 a PM. She was planning on having her seat cut down. I have no idea how much shipping charges would be, but perhaps a swap might be in order if she hasn't already taken action?
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
If you wanted the stock seat that we get, Its easy to get the part number and order that from a dealer, if they can order it there. You can look it up on a couple of sites.

http://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/511a8daff870022e4ccd3256/seat

SEAT ASSY., DOUBLE (TYPE1)77200-MGC-D31ZA $323.65 (Thats US dollars)

I like Guth's idea though.
Thanks for that PM sent, that seat part no MGC-D31ZA looks very much in the diagram at least like our seat and as I have not been able to find a part no. for the Australian spec seat I wasn't sure if it was actually your US seat. Might have to talk to a dealer.

Is there any plans to add a for sale wanted section to this excellent forum?
 
We get the "high" seat here. You could call a dealer there and have him check his part listing and see what number comes up and compare it with the one on handapartshouse. I think it has been posted on here somewhere. Can't remember for sure.

edit to add: did you pm me? if so I didn't get it.
 
Back
Top