Low fuel indicator...Can't see miles remaining!

glenridgerich_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
After getting a 4000 mile oil change I noticed when running low on fuel I get the flashing indicator but not the count down from 45 is there a way to reset this?
 
My 14 STD sometimes will not show miles left, only flashing. It will sometimes switch back and forth while I am riding. Doesn't bother me much, where I ride there are plenty of gas stations.
 
Thread starter
Carguy1959_imp said:
My 14 STD sometimes will not show miles left, only flashing. It will sometimes switch back and forth while I am riding. Doesn't bother me much, where I ride there are plenty of gas stations.
It's not so much that it bothers me. I think what bothers me is the fact that it had been working and it no longer is. Any way, worst things can happen.
 
Seems odd to me. Is there anything in the manual about being able to turn it on and off?
 
It doesn't surprise me that its different for different people. On the ST1300, the miles to go is based on fuel consumption of the last 20 miles (or 20 minutes, I can't remember offhand).

I would imagine the CB is the same. If you speed up, you will get less miles than indicated and get more if you slow down. But it is not totally accurate.
 
BestStandard_imp said:
Is it supposed to start counting down at 45 miles to go? Mine started at 61 miles when the last bar began flashing yesterday.

Mine does too.
 
You could try disconnecting/reconnecting the battery. I disconnected the battery on my ST to reroute the battery tender and my trip A/B and average MPG "reset".
 
Thread starter
curlyjoe_imp said:
You could try disconnecting/reconnecting the battery. I disconnected the battery on my ST to reroute the battery tender and my trip A/B and average MPG "reset".
I'll try it!...So I should simply disconnect the battery and immediately reconnect it?
 
Thread starter
glenridgerich_imp said:
curlyjoe_imp said:
You could try disconnecting/reconnecting the battery. I disconnected the battery on my ST to reroute the battery tender and my trip A/B and average MPG "reset".
I'll try it!...So I should simply disconnect the battery and immediately reconnect it?
I'll try it...So I should simply disconnect the battery and immediately reconnect it?
 
Wouldn't hurt to just let it sit for a minute or 5 to let any capacitors discharge. Then reconnect it.
 
Thread starter
curlyjoe_imp said:
You could try disconnecting/reconnecting the battery. I disconnected the battery on my ST to reroute the battery tender and my trip A/B and average MPG "reset".
Update: Thanks CurlyJoe and others...I disconnected and reconnected the battery and its working again. I can't be certain that was what fixed it or perhaps it fixed itself as some have suggested. Regardless, I'm happy its working again.
 
Much like your home and laptop computers...if something's not 'right', often it's necessary to just power-down and restart - clears the 'cobwebs' (caches & temporary files) out and starts from scratch.
 
Back
Top