Loss of a Friend

peterbaron

Road warrior
Thread starter
As we get older every day, we also have to deal with the situation, in which we never wanted to be...
I've just lost a very good friend (61) of mine, and his funeral was in Poland yesterday..

He had nothing to do with the motorcycling, but when I met him a decade ago, we instantly became bonded friends.
Very straight forward, honest, polite, helpful, cheerful, friendly and well mannered, university graduate and the Military Institute educated colonel, who attended and successfully completed the Canadian Forces College in Toronto... and soon to be an army general....

Just a week ago, he emailed me birthday wishes, so I decided to call him back... we talked for about few minutes, and I noticed that our conversation was different and shorter than before....
At the time of our conversation, I had no idea that a couple of months ago, he lost his son of 37, who was living in Germany.
He fainted at home while working behind his desk, due to sudden pulmonary embolism. He was taken to a nearby hospital and pronounced dead.

Now I know what this dad has been going through, how much pain he's had in his heart, ups and downs for the last few months....
He went for a short walk, came back home while not feeling well, so he said to his wife, he was going to take a short rest...
His wife was checking out on him from time to time....and shortly after she found him dead...
The family sources say, his heart got ruptured, as he couldn't bear any longer with his young son's death.

He was survived by his mother, wife and his daughter.....a wonderful family, stricken by the double tragedy...

This is my tribute to my great friend, who will not be forgotten and our friendship will survive the eternity..
R.I.P. Josef, I know we'll meet again....

No condolences, please.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
As we get older every day, we also have to deal with the situation, in which we never wanted to be...
I've just lost a very good friend (61) of mine, and his funeral was in Poland yesterday..

He had nothing to do with the motorcycling, but when I met him a decade ago, we instantly became bonded friends.
Very straight forward, honest, polite, helpful, cheerful, friendly and well mannered, university graduate and the Military Institute educated colonel, who attended and successfully completed the Canadian Forces College in Toronto... and soon to be an army general....

Just a week ago, he emailed me birthday wishes, so I decided to call him back... we talked for about few minutes, and I noticed that our conversation was different and shorter than before....
At the time of our conversation, I had no idea that a couple of months ago, he lost his son of 37, who was living in Germany.
He fainted at home while working behind his desk, due to sudden pulmonary embolism. He was taken to a nearby hospital and pronounced dead.

Now I know what this dad has been going through, how much pain he's had in his heart, ups and downs for the last few months....
He went for a short walk, came back home while not feeling well, so he said to his wife, he was going to take a short rest...
His wife was checking out on him from time to time....and shortly after she found him dead...
The family sources say, his heart got ruptured, as he couldn't bear any longer with his young son's death.

He was survived by his mother, wife and his daughter.....a wonderful family, stricken by the double tragedy...

This is my tribute to my great friend, who will not be forgotten and our friendship will survive the eternity..
R.I.P. Josef, I know we'll meet again....

No condolences, please.
PB,
Sorry to hear about your friend, my condolences to the family.

Regards
Alain
 
Sorry to hear this PB. My condolences to you and his family.
 
Peter, a moving tribute to your fried, Josef. Condolences to you and his family.
 
Motorcycles are pretty important around here, but good friends even more so

Sorry for your loss PB.
 
Very sorry to hear about your friend, Peterbaron. It's always tough to lose someone you're close to. These days, somehow it seems to hurt a little more. No doubt his family appreciates your care for them right now.
 
Peter, I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Dying of a broken heart is a common occurrence in this time with the Covid 19
 
Back
Top