Looks like the site is finally fixed

Randy B

Road warrior
Thread starter
Since the site was down for a bit I decided to log in on Chrome and it looks to be up an running normally again.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
I am OK with what I/we have…

Agree 100% Pb. We don’t need some armchair quarterback’s meddling intervention.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Armchair quarterback meddling?

e42019770b0828e80a0be29f6445fe86.png


For many people- trying to go to a non-https site won’t even let them go to the home page. Their browser will give a warning page that the site is non secure and a risk.

For others- as already discussed- much of the sites pictures and icons won’t load or display properly.

Not only does that make the site look bad- but it could easily be scaring away potential members.

I’ll armchair qtrback all day long about things that are right.

And today I’m armchair quarterbacking that your ‘meddling’ comment is off base and more harm than good.

I posted above the info, the link- the admin can set up an account for FREE, get the SSL to make the site HTTPS compliant and then we would be good to go.

Time involved? 5-10 minutes…


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
PowerDubs_imp said:
No.... not fixed...

The issue with the site is that it isn't HTTPS

It just needs the SSL certificate- which is FREE and easy.

What it is- https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/ssl/what-is-https/

How to get it- Cloudflare SSL - Free TLS Certificates for Website Security

If whomever owns this site isn't going to do right by it- he should hand it over to someone who will.

Plenty of us would take the responsibility happily...as it would be very easy to make some simple improvements.
I just made the assumption that it was fixed because it started working on Chrome again. I'm not sure what changed because I didn't do anything on my end.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Armchair quarterback meddling?

e42019770b0828e80a0be29f6445fe86.png


For many people- trying to go to a non-https site won’t even let them go to the home page. Their browser will give a warning page that the site is non secure and a risk.

For others- as already discussed- much of the sites pictures and icons won’t load or display properly.

Not only does that make the site look bad- but it could easily be scaring away potential members.

I’ll armchair qtrback all day long about things that are right.

And today I’m armchair quarterbacking that your ‘meddling’ comment is off base and more harm than good.

I posted above the info, the link- the admin can set up an account for FREE, get the SSL to make the site HTTPS compliant and then we would be good to go.

Time involved? 5-10 minutes…


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t flatter yourself. You weren’t specifically mentioned.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Considering I was the only one to reply about the solution...then you replied about 'armchair qtrbck meddling'- logic dictates.

I don't need to flatter myself- I think logically.

So until you decide to start being clear in your conversations, I'll leave you with this quote-

"A point of view can only ever be as precise as the language from which it has been constructed; we ought, therefore, to use the most precise language we can muster--nothing less--when making our case. Yes, it is a burden, but if you value your point of view, if you care at all that others understand you and what you believe, there is simply no way around the fact."
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Considering I was the only one to reply about the solution...then you replied about 'armchair qtrbck meddling'- logic dictates.

I don't need to flatter myself- I think logically.

So until you decide to start being clear in your conversations, I'll leave you with this quote-

"A point of view can only ever be as precise as the language from which it has been constructed; we ought, therefore, to use the most precise language we can muster--nothing less--when making our case. Yes, it is a burden, but if you value your point of view, if you care at all that others understand you and what you believe, there is simply no way around the fact."

I remember my first beer.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I agree with Randy B. I tried all the "fixes", and none of them worked. Today is the first time I visited this website in many months that it has worked properly for me, and I did nothing to make this happen. Yes!!!
 
Back
Top