Looking for some mirrors.

FLYTYM_imp

Been there
Thread starter
These are the small black rectangle mirrors that were popular years ago,don't even know what brand they are.Flanders part# 401-78257 looks like what I'm after but they state they are for a Yamaha,not universal. Anybody know the mirrors I'm talking about? These mirrors were cheap and everybody had them on everything years ago.
 
These ones:

2ef23723c40a061d20a3030b9e6c11f8.jpg


A number of people are using the black rectangular mirrors from the CB500.
 
CB500 mirrors are more of a rounded rectangle.
72d4407342926de505bc74ff73018675.jpg
 
klink49_imp said:
Can anybody please share a link for these mirrors. I'm really liking the look.
I ordered these first, and they looked cool because they were so small, but they were impractical BECAUSE they were so small.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/263281324348

Then I ordered these from Amazon, they're not quite the same as the prior message, but I like them. Much more viewing area, and don't look as goofy as those lollypop mirrors...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016DR...UTF8&psc=1

J
 
Send Mr. T an e-mail. He has access to all of the Japan only CB items. I got my Baren Classic mirrors from him and they fit perfectly.
 
So you guys are changing your mirrors for a different look? Is there anything wrong with the functionality of the stockers?
 
Personally I did not like the stock mirrors. I installed Tanex mirrors (roughly rectangular) and have much better rear view out of them.
 
DBM_imp said:
So you guys are changing your mirrors for a different look? Is there anything wrong with the functionality of the stockers?
I find the stock mirrors excellent. Good view and no vibration. Others—particularly those taller and wide than me—report they see a lot of their arms and shoulders and not much more.
 
I changed the 2013 mirrors so I could see past my arm pits. The 2017 is slightly better for some reason so I haven't gotten around to it yet, but I will soon.
 
I like the stock mirrors. They really add to that classic CB look. Only issue for me is how tall they are. I have a Road Comet 1 fairing coming and I think the lower black aftermarket mirrors might get me the look I’m after. I’ll keep the OE mirrors just in case but I think they’re just going to sit in a box. Now I haven’t been able to ride since I installed them. Rain in the forecast everyday. Mine were cheap so no harm if I wanna change up to something else. I’ll post some pics in a separate thread when I’m done.
 
Back
Top