Looking for a after market Exhaust....

BUTTERSAUTO_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hello, everyone. Sorry I'm not sure if this is where I am supposed to ask this or not. I just barely got my 2013 Honda CB1100. I don't like how quiet it is.. And I'm not to fond of how big the end or the exhaust is either..
Can someone help me out?
I'm looking for a sleaker look. And I has to makes the bike roar..
I have been looking at the yoshimura exhaust .. Does anyone know if it has a good loud sound to it??? Thank you all
 
Until you get some responses (the board is quiet this morning) I suggest you search on exhausts. There are about a million posts on them. Ok maybe not a million, but a LOT. Some even have videos that let you hear them.
 
.... (edit) oops...wrong dates....lol.
 
BUTTERSAUTO_imp said:
Hello, everyone. Sorry I'm not sure if this is where I am supposed to ask this or not. I just barely got my 2013 Honda CB1100. I don't like how quiet it is.. And I'm not to fond of how big the end or the exhaust is either..
Can someone help me out?
I'm looking for a sleaker look. And I has to makes the bike roar..
I have been looking at the yoshimura exhaust .. Does anyone know if it has a good loud sound to it??? Thank you all
I've got a 2013 also, and I went with the Yoshimura slip-on, with the baffle. Loudness is kind of subjective - for me without the baffle was too loud, almost a dragpipe sound. With the baffle keeps it more in line with what I perceive the character of the bike to be, i.e.
stock = housecat sound
without baffle = lion roar
with baffle = panther roar.
Doesn't do much for "sleekness", but doesn't scream "boy racer" either. Check out some of the earlier posts for looks and sounds. Don't know if this helps, but you've come to the right place if you want a variety of opinions.
 
I really like the Yoshimura full system. I just put one on my 14' std. and it fits the bike perfect. Its a lot sleeker, probably the most streamlined exhaust for this bike in my opinion. It isn't a loud system either. That being said I had a TBros. can on my FZ8 and I didn't think it was that loud either so YMMV
 
Wow Cip, That sounds GOOD!
 
I installed the Yoshimura full exhaust on my 2013 CB 1100. It is not that much louder but I really like the way it looks on the CB. You do not have to run a programmer if you don't want to. I had mine put on a dyno and posted the resualts on an earlier post. I did do the PAIR VALVE mod to get rid of the popping on decel.
 
Eric has the Yoshimura full system. They sound quiet at first, but after they have some miles on them they sound perfect! Just like the old days, just like you remember.
He likes the stainless steel, ceramic coated version. It's holding up well. Highly recommended. He got his at Revzilla.
 
How many miles has Eric put on the bike now, Geezer?
 
Staintune is smaller than stock, and looks much better than stock. But it still looks stock. It produces the most amazing sound. It is built with the finest materials, master craftsmanship, prefect welds, and polished to a mirror finish. It's the best but it's expensive.

Chip
 
ChipBeck_imp said:
Staintune is smaller than stock, and looks much better than stock. But it still looks stock. It produces the most amazing sound. It is built with the finest materials, master craftsmanship, prefect welds, and polished to a mirror finish. It's the best but it's expensive.

Chip
Ditto, :thumbsup:
 
I really like the standard pipes on my EX, and enjoy the fact that they don't make a lot of noise. So, sticking with them is perfect. But, then I saw the SP Tadao Powerbox another member put on his bike, and I would really like to get that. I love how small it is, and it would be great to better show of the spoke wheels on my bike. Unfortunately after checking with Samurider, it appears they do not make them for the EX. Well, at least not yet...
 
Cormanus, funny you should inquire. The CB is approaching 12k miles, no additional miles by it's current owner, who is not engaging in any type of recreational activity whatsoever. If it weren't for my riding it, the odo would be showing 2 or 3 miles.... ;)
 
tomas_imp said:
ChipBeck_imp said:
Staintune is smaller than stock, and looks much better than stock. But it still looks stock. It produces the most amazing sound. It is built with the finest materials, master craftsmanship, prefect welds, and polished to a mirror finish. It's the best but it's expensive.

Chip
Ditto, :thumbsup:
Ditto, :thumbsup:
Greetings,

Thinking about investing in a Stayintune for my 2013 CB1100. They claim a 7 Hp increase through midrange rpm with a similar bump in torque.

Can/did you feel the difference or is the effect mostly cosmetic?

Thanks for any feedback on this before I indulge!
 
I would not expect to feel a HP difference with a slip-on muffler, here is mine with Staintune, before and after ECU flash.
d9705274f8001c0405217e107cfba00e.
 
Back
Top