Lookey what I got, Emgo Venom Mark ll

mvk24_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Came in just now. Not sure if im feeling up to mounting it tonight yet.

I will post photos when its done. I have the LED micro turn signals en route so if I have to trim for the stock turn signals I will hold off a few days and wait to see how the new turn signals sit with it before I trim.
171a517d2697d6c8d79270e0984f0406.jpg
8486b3bdf0b3370b962b39924e542bdb.jpg
f80b2b2f90d25c8400d3337ccde50f7f.jpg
30124a5da3c62afa314736ca4e14018e.jpg


Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Cool! Can’t wait to see it installed with the new lights!
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Cool! Can’t wait to see it installed with the new lights!
Thanks popgun, I just held it up to see.. either way ill have to trim to clear the actual mounts no matter what signals I bolt up to them. Shouldn't be a big deal.

Thinking a Dremel with sanding drum might be the way? It would be a circular trim to mold around the mount.

It looks like its literally molded to fit the horns perfectly.

I wanna do a rubber washer/spacer behind it so it doesn't squeeze and crack trying to tighten it. Probably gonna have to get longer bolts. Not a big deal.
84bf45dd26ce8b77524409cc2378034c.jpg
0c72b6933db998187958dcb28abefc2c.jpg
83a6b9f68be2cff09bee38d710ad8273.jpg


Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Cool. Good luck with the mounting
 
I think another member, member a couple of members, mentioned trimming it to fit. Can’t remember what they used, but seems like a Dremel would be the way to go.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I think another member, member a couple of members, mentioned trimming it to fit. Can’t remember what they used, but seems like a Dremel would be the way to go.
I saw a post of a member in 2015 I believe that did this emgo fairing and he had to trim it. Didn't much many details on what he used or changing bolts or anything.

I'll maybe do a write up for it

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Inhouse Bob, in 2015, said he Dremeled (sp) his. Yeah, I used the search function, :)
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Inhouse Bob, in 2015, said he Dremeled (sp) his. Yeah, I used the search function, :)
e96b0ace94f27907e7644bafc1ef3074.png
thats the ones I saw, thats the reason I bought this fairing.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
I had this. Mounting it is a b!tch.

Firstly, if you really want to mount it you need to change the screws that hold the visor. If not it'll scratch the crap out of your buckets. Might have to swap the turn signals for smaller ones. It's a challenge to mount this. Not a direct fit whatsoever. If you figure it share it on the forum. You'll certainly have my attention.
 
Thread starter
Rox_imp said:
I had this. Mounting it is a b!tch.

Firstly, if you really want to mount it you need to change the screws that hold the visor. If not it'll scratch the crap out of your buckets. Might have to swap the turn signals for smaller ones. It's a challenge to mount this. Not a direct fit whatsoever. If you figure it share it on the forum. You'll certainly have my attention.
Thanks for the insight! Yes I was thinking I will go get some sort of flush head bolt but a little longer to replace the head light ones.

I can see there is a little bit of space between the fairing and headlight bolt so I think I want to fill that gap with a rubber or silicone washer so when I tighten it all down the stress won't bend the fairing. Its a small amount of space but I dont want to stress the fairing that much on both sides when I lock down the headlight.

There is also a small bracket in the bottom center of the fairing that looks like it will mount to the bolt that holds the horns. A little L bracket there should do the trick.

I will hit the hardware store and grab a few different options for bolts, spacers/washers, and right angle brackets. When I figure out the best option I will relay the sizes of all parts used.

I already have micro turn signals on the way that are 6mm thread so it should just be 1 washer to make it mount flush to the stock mounts on the bike.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
A few hours of cutting and grinding with the rotary tool.

She is complete and fits very well.


I kept all the spare parts from the universal Puig windscreens I have on another bike and had on the CB and everything I needed was in there.

- Spacer, longer bolt, washer.

- Puig also supplied circular foam pads that are sticky on 1 side so I used 1 on each cluster to keep the new fairing from resting/rubbing on the gauges. This also allowed me to use the supplied bolts from Emgo to secure the windscreen without the bolts making contact with my gashes.


- Cutting away the sides to make room for the turn signals was very easy. I measured 2 inches below the center of the bolt slot. Got 1 side done, then I lined up the flat edge of paper to the flat edge of the fairing. Traced the curve I made. And the. Transfered that to the other side (2 inches down again) so I had 2 perfect matching sides for the turn signals.

I gave the. A quick 220 sand to smooth the grinds up and then hit it with black paint match. (You could use black nail polish)

- i had to cut/grind away alot more from the bottom where you can't see in front of the horns so allow the fairing to push back far enough to like up with the headlight bolt. I then grinded away a bit more so the fairing wasn't touching the horns and wouldn't create vibration.

- i sprayed the inside of the fairing with plastic dip to..
A. Have an even black color on the inside
B. Reduce glare from the headlight
C. Makes it a little heavier and the rubberized coating helps reduce vibration


Learned that trick with my 93 Yamaha xj600 seca. Alot of guys would adhere rubber to the inside of the fairings to reduce vibration.


I apologize for all the pictures just being at the bottom and out of order. Im not sure how to insert them along the way in a step by step placement.
c4087887f377ca0fce5c92de0ec46ff7.jpg
5e471202d71e43cd01c71c9ba36a52bb.jpg
dc7a562ddebb3ac5427e64d3b655f2e6.jpg
8074a2ffc7a4a1fb733812f630c41071.jpg
1a065bf7c1f771bfe98558cdc7c5b6f1.jpg
ec68c308ae76c5c2f796a35f5757fc8f.jpg
3d6abbbac11f5f8e9a64038cc4e06766.jpg
7547a5cedefc61533028badecd0ad471.jpg
d8ebc472faba2eb3b0bc1d4538f59e4a.jpg
ad2a7d4bdbcf799e2f0db8b3ae62e8a5.jpg
d987048038e21912f64e26e0bc76d00a.jpg
da7a488637e096e7e1802ff7299d1cd9.jpg
259145b3c5de06a94b6a74862cf6017f.jpg


Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
And the rest of the photos/final product.

I'm probably just gonna change out the mounting bolts to black ones but I never had to go to the hardware store today so I will grab them when I get there.
5b39832557a37de00f18e777504506f4.jpg
c6ea6b50e1cca627eab05e3734f286d7.jpg
e7fefa1a26b51a225945a44b6fedbb86.jpg
a1b2be16c3215aae58497cbf43a2b6c5.jpg
1f0bfaa06da274d85058037eccfa7e6c.jpg
335110cb5b8619d12132e1d525bdd66f.jpg
03624d7125997972dfcde954d5467cbb.jpg
94b638ec43cc560122606f7b7221e8f7.jpg
007414f0ba29992e4cf638e718ce0ddb.jpg
4834ad342975a3a2cac81cb6337a94dc.jpg
b45dfee363ed0d410efdd9c20c859768.jpg
fab89e9e1ddc2514217d1e4f254a3fb9.jpg


Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
That came out VERY nice!
 
Very nice!
I think I've seen this fairing on a lot of CB1300s?

I'm also interested in hearing about what kind of difference it makes at highway speeds
 
Nicely done mvk24. It looks great.
 
Thread starter
Thank you Gentlemen, I could definitely take some more photos and walk someone through what/where to cut if anyone wanted to try this. I had to experiment back and forth grinding away a little bit more and more till I figured out what was making contact and such.

It would be much faster my second time around.

It is wider but possibly a little lower than the Puig Raptor I had on there. But it fits much better and wraps around the headlight. I felt a big difference in wind resistance to my chest between the Puig and no windscreen so I imagine it will be about the same with this Emgo.

I dont need the windscreen but its definitely more comfortable on highway and at speed having a windscreen.


If you have 2 hours and a rotary tool/dremel than this is definitely $65 well spent. To me its nearly indistinguishable from a road comet aside from not having a matching stripe.

I believe Amazon had these Emgo Venoms on prime delivery for $73 if you wanted it in 2 days.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
MKV, don’t worry about no stripe. The Road Comet does not have one unless you order it. I ordered mine without. And like it like that :)
 
Back
Top