Gone in 60
Road warrior
Thread starter
While I was on a business trip last week, I snagged a MotoQuest "Transport Special" deal to take a bike from their Long Beach CA to Portland locations.
I've blocked out next Monday-Friday for the ride, and have a flight home Friday night. I've never been much further north along the coast than about Mendocino, so I'm excited.
As far as budgeting ride time, I'm putting the longest leg in front, which gets me as far north as possible covering ground I'm familiar with, and I'll split up the time for the next four days to Portland. I'm also budgeting my stops for places where I can get cheap lodging, rather than staying in tourist towns as much as possible.
Planning is the interesting part, but the ride should be a lot of fun. The weather looks great for the week.
I've blocked out next Monday-Friday for the ride, and have a flight home Friday night. I've never been much further north along the coast than about Mendocino, so I'm excited.
As far as budgeting ride time, I'm putting the longest leg in front, which gets me as far north as possible covering ground I'm familiar with, and I'll split up the time for the next four days to Portland. I'm also budgeting my stops for places where I can get cheap lodging, rather than staying in tourist towns as much as possible.
Planning is the interesting part, but the ride should be a lot of fun. The weather looks great for the week.
MotoQuest keeps their bikes in good running order, even if some of them have definitely seen some adventure. The last one I rode was an R1200GS with an Alaska plate, that looked like it had been drug through a forest on both sides. Definitely a conversation starter wherever I stopped!