Limiter

Billie_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Found out coming home from work today that my 2014 CB1100 cuts out at 110 mph, which really surprised me, kind of funny thinking my Harley will run by the CB.

Am sure it has been discussed before but is there an available tuner out there that will override the limiter? Pretty sure this 1100 has more to give.
 
Don Guhl does it. A number of members have had him do their ECUs. Its around $350 or so.
 
Thread starter
Where is he located? Will also contact some area dealers that sell, along with many other brands, Hondas.

Curious what these CB's might be capable of, anyone have an idea? I realize they're not crotch rockets but then again I have a feeling there's more on the table.
 
guhlmotors.com

Call. They don't do email well according to members. AFAIK he is the only one in the US who does it.

Besides removing the speed limiter, he can move the rev limiters up and do fuel mapping. You can search on the board for all that or hopefully someone will chime in.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
guhlmotors.com

Call. They don't do email well according to members. AFAIK he is the only one in the US who does it.

Besides removing the speed limiter, he can move the rev limiters up and do fuel mapping. You can search on the board for all that or hopefully someone will chime in.
Thanks
 
Billie_imp said:
Where is he located? Will also contact some area dealers that sell, along with many other brands, Hondas.

Curious what these CB's might be capable of, anyone have an idea? I realize they're not crotch rockets but then again I have a feeling there's more on the table.

those that have had the reflash done report a top speed in the neighborhood of 130 mph
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Billie_imp said:
Where is he located? Will also contact some area dealers that sell, along with many other brands, Hondas.

Curious what these CB's might be capable of, anyone have an idea? I realize they're not crotch rockets but then again I have a feeling there's more on the table.

those that have had the reflash done report a top speed in the neighborhood of 130 mph

those that have had the reflash done report a top speed in the neighborhood of 130 mph
Thanks
 
Billie_imp said:
Found out coming home from work today that my 2014 CB1100 cuts out at 110 mph, which really surprised me, kind of funny thinking my Harley will run by the CB.

Am sure it has been discussed before but is there an available tuner out there that will override the limiter? Pretty sure this 1100 has more to give.
Seeing that would have been rare to witness, and sad.
 
Hey Billie -

I had the Guhl reflash (full non-restriction, fuel mapping and rev limiter upped) done recently, in addition to a custom exhaust with cat delete, and a K&N drop in air filter. I haven't tested the top speed yet, but overall I am very impressed with the difference vs. stock with just a Yoshi slip on. The bike pulls much harder across the entire powerband, and certainly feels a lot quicker. At some point I'd like to get it dyno'd.
 
Billie_imp said:
Where is he located? Will also contact some area dealers that sell, along with many other brands, Hondas.

Curious what these CB's might be capable of, anyone have an idea? I realize they're not crotch rockets but then again I have a feeling there's more on the table.
Top speed Is beyond what your speedo can tell you. Use a phone app

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
guhlmotors.com

Call. They don't do email well according to members. AFAIK he is the only one in the US who does it.

Besides removing the speed limiter, he can move the rev limiters up and do fuel mapping. You can search on the board for all that or hopefully someone will chime in.


Also- ign timing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
Billie_imp said:
Found out coming home from work today that my 2014 CB1100 cuts out at 110 mph, which really surprised me, kind of funny thinking my Harley will run by the CB.

Am sure it has been discussed before but is there an available tuner out there that will override the limiter? Pretty sure this 1100 has more to give.
Seeing that would have been rare to witness, and sad.
Seeing that would have been rare to witness, and sad.
Sad? How so? Not only will my Low Rider run by this CB it'll get better gas mileage doing it.
NovaCB1100_imp said:
Hey Billie -

I had the Guhl reflash (full non-restriction, fuel mapping and rev limiter upped) done recently, in addition to a custom exhaust with cat delete, and a K&N drop in air filter. I haven't tested the top speed yet, but overall I am very impressed with the difference vs. stock with just a Yoshi slip on. The bike pulls much harder across the entire powerband, and certainly feels a lot quicker. At some point I'd like to get it dyno'd.
Thanks for the info, I'd be real interested in your top end.
If I may ask, what did the reflash cost you?
 
Back
Top