bflint
Been there
Thread starter
I just bought a Black Oak LED 40w CREE XM-L2 pod light (about 3 1/2" square) and was thinking about mounting it low on my National Plexistar windshield just above the headlight. Anybody try this before or have thoughts about this.
*
I want to use it as a spot for night illumination of critters/things way down the dark roadways. This spot is rated to 780 Meters and draws 2.8 amps.
*
I previously had the Twisted Throttle Denali D2 2.0 lights installed on my front fender mounts (one on each side), but they did not illuminate any better than my PIAA halogen head light bulb.
**
Attached picture includes a yellow circle where I was thinking about mounting the light,
*
I want to use it as a spot for night illumination of critters/things way down the dark roadways. This spot is rated to 780 Meters and draws 2.8 amps.
*
I previously had the Twisted Throttle Denali D2 2.0 lights installed on my front fender mounts (one on each side), but they did not illuminate any better than my PIAA halogen head light bulb.
**
Attached picture includes a yellow circle where I was thinking about mounting the light,
