License Plate bracket ( cheapo)

HikerToo_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
After reading a few other threads on what they did, I tried a quick method that may not be as sophisticated or engineered as well, but it works.
First one I just cut from a plastic lid, painted black, bought 4 bolts, 2 to mount the mount, and 2 to mount the plate to the mount and drilled the 4 holes..
Below shows original and black cut out with 4 holes from metal.

Plastic one, original compared to new.

And on the bike, I painted 2 of the bolts black since they show using this cheap/quick method.
7bc48ce28884f8f328637b37766ee087.JPG
 
Nice hiker! Clean look. Where did you get the cell phone holder and mount ? Part # would be nice. I have the ram ball mount on my ST1300 that I can use I really just need the part that mounts to handle bars or triple tree how ever you have it mounted I can't see the mount in the pic but I can see the cell phone
Thanks Michael
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Nice hiker! Clean look. Where did you get the cell phone holder and mount ? Part # would be nice. I have the ram ball mount on my ST1300 that I can use I really just need the part that mounts to handle bars or triple tree how ever you have it mounted I can't see the mount in the pic but I can see the cell phone
Thanks Michael
I don't know what sort of cell you have, but I have a Lifeproof case for my iPhone. They have a really good integrated bike mount I bought the other day. It clips on and off the bar easily so you don't have to have it there when you're not using it. I can't find a link from the Lifeproof homepage; the mount is accessed [url=http://www.lifeproof.com/shop/us_en/fitness/]from here.
 
There a links to the chap for you here http://www.lifeproof.com/shop/us_en/iphone-4s-4/. Of course, you need the case first and they're not super cheap. They work well, though and clipping them into the holder is a breeze.

The next decision is how to mount a power outlet for the thing and how to connect the audio—noise cancelling headphones or bluetooth. Decisions, decisions.
 
Back
Top