Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

The ferret_imp said:
I thought it was raisin bread..shoulda known it would be something fancy named lol
Biscotti is like a gourmet biscuit. Can be pretty "high end" in western Europe and goes well with a few shots of espresso.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I thought it was raisin bread..shoulda known it would be something fancy named lol
Biscotti is like a gourmet biscuit. Can be pretty "high end" in western Europe and goes well with a few shots of espresso.
Biscotti is like a gourmet biscuit. Can be pretty "high end" in western Europe and goes well with a few shots of espresso. Oh, thank heavens! I thought it was an exotic skin disease of some kind.
 
Not that it matters, but those are chocolate chips, not raisins. More authentic, I’d say, are biscotti with almonds which would be delicious with tea.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Not that it matters, but those are chocolate chips, not raisins. More authentic, I’d say, are biscotti with almonds which would be delicious with tea.
Biscotti are classically Italian. They have many fancy varieties as North America has donuts, but are less harmful. I reckon the English would have tea when they choose to indulge in some biscotti (I have rarely seen).
 
So, what exactly is it you have rarely seen, GO? Biscotti? Tea? The English? The English having tea? Tea and biscotti? The English drinking tea and nibbling biscotti? :D
 
They are Italian in origin. There are indeed many varieties, although the almond ones appear to be the closest to “original”. I’ve had almond cookies with tea and a classic biscotti is, at its core, an almond cookie.

I would not rely on the Brits for their expertise on pairing food and drink.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
They are Italian in origin. There are indeed many varieties, although the almond ones appear to be the closest to “original”. I’ve had almond cookies with tea and a classic biscotti is, at its core, an almond cookie.

I would not rely on the Brits for their expertise on pairing food and drink.
Aye, food and Brits.

Some hard-core Italians don't like people messin' with their original almond formula biscotti. Ah well, no different than someone mixing a straight bourbon.

One great thing 'bout biscotti is it is also a durable biscuit, has some protein, and packs well in a CB1100 tank bag. I am unsure 'bout other motorcycle tank bags.
 
96a71a458757505903ce175a61133785.jpg


36bb6d4f383710965a467a85b2fd65be.jpg


dc19bcd25307bd30b606abf5a7fd50cc.jpg


49b62fbdbb81d08cf4bbdcae53cd90ec.jpg


a18f534132c15d39e15dd4c708559509.jpg


:biker:
 
I do enjoy a cup of hot tea with toast or cookies or doughuts. I suppose a cup of tea with an almond biscotti would be enjoyable as well.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I do enjoy a cup of hot tea with toast or cookies or doughuts. I suppose a cup of tea with an almond biscotti would be enjoyable as well.
They travel pretty well. Oh and they’re generally crispy, which is probably why people dunk them in their coffee.
 
Plenty of household chores competed with the sunny, but crisp 53° Saturday. I managed to squeeze in 53 miles yesterday afternoon that took me along Lake Michigan and to a taqueria that I hope to visit again and again.

653410ea174b1a3bb73facfc1edf9ea1.jpg

La Plancha Loca - Highwood, IL
aa3bc198010ca903fd6ea3677216fb41.jpg

La Plancha Loca - Highwood, IL. (L-R: Rib-eye, Al Pastor, and Shrimp taco)

8fd38c0a5c1ecc17f41e77e01fd4395f.jpg

Had time to enjoy a cigar and the view from a bluff overlooking Glencoe Beach, Glencoe, IL
b87ca12938ae27079053e3b6c6360e06.jpg

Figured you might prefer to see more of the view and less of the cigar.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
After playing 2 sets of country (&western) music with the Johnny Cash cover band "The Linewalkers" I rode easy on this sunny afternoon humming the lyrics and melody of the beautiful song "Baby ride easy" high in the saddle all day. Not a day, but an afternoon long.

 
Back
Top