Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

Gone in 60_imp said:
Well, I wanted to show a picture of my CB on the road.

After work at the museum, I wanted to check out the newly opened Sixth Street over the L.A. river. The original bridge was torn down a few years ago due to erosion of the concrete that had been used in its construction. It was iconic, and had been used in countless movies, car and motorcycle commercials. Coming over the bridge to the west frames Downtown L.A. perfectly.

The west end lands in what is now the Arts District, near the newly opened Bike Shed. I had hoped to grab an iced coffee at Bike Shed, then go take some pictures of my bike on the bridge.

However, there was a ton of traffic in the area. It turns out that driving and walking over the new bridge is the new favorite pass time of Angelinos.

Cars and bikes were lined up for a mile in all directions to drive over the bridge. I figured I’d be there for over an hour if I wanted to try it out. So, grabbed my coffee, left the CB at Bike Shed and walked across. A few guys wearing gear and holding helmets walking across the bridge apparently had the same idea.

I needed to get home for dinner, so I took the now neglected Seventh Street bridge over the river and onto The 5 to get home. By then, the crowd of cars waiting to get on the bridge had grown.

Shortly after I got on the freeway, about 10 LAPD cars going the other way were speeding toward the bridge, apparently to get control of the traffic.
Hey Gone ... just saw a news report on Google News about your new bridge being taken over by car racers, motorcycle stunters and bridge climbers. Showed cars doing donuts and crashing etc lo,
 
The ferret_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Well, I wanted to show a picture of my CB on the road.

After work at the museum, I wanted to check out the newly opened Sixth Street over the L.A. river. The original bridge was torn down a few years ago due to erosion of the concrete that had been used in its construction. It was iconic, and had been used in countless movies, car and motorcycle commercials. Coming over the bridge to the west frames Downtown L.A. perfectly.

The west end lands in what is now the Arts District, near the newly opened Bike Shed. I had hoped to grab an iced coffee at Bike Shed, then go take some pictures of my bike on the bridge.

However, there was a ton of traffic in the area. It turns out that driving and walking over the new bridge is the new favorite pass time of Angelinos.

Cars and bikes were lined up for a mile in all directions to drive over the bridge. I figured I’d be there for over an hour if I wanted to try it out. So, grabbed my coffee, left the CB at Bike Shed and walked across. A few guys wearing gear and holding helmets walking across the bridge apparently had the same idea.

I needed to get home for dinner, so I took the now neglected Seventh Street bridge over the river and onto The 5 to get home. By then, the crowd of cars waiting to get on the bridge had grown.

Shortly after I got on the freeway, about 10 LAPD cars going the other way were speeding toward the bridge, apparently to get control of the traffic.
Hey Gone ... just saw a news report on Google News about your new bridge being taken over by car racers, motorcycle stunters and bridge climbers. Showed cars doing donuts and crashing etc lo,
(*sigh*) Pretty sad already ... :-/



(click image for more info)
 
The girl in the vid that got crashed into said somethin like " my first time on the bridge and there was going to be a street take over, so cool".

What is with people?
 
At the end of the video, the newscaster said that the local councilman said that the city is reaching to the "bureau of engineering" to figure out how to make the bridge safer. The bureau of engineering? That's an interesting approach to this particular issue.
 
Well, you know kids being kids we can't stop them, so let's see about putting up some rubber bumpers so they won't smash up their Dodge Hellcats when they lose control. Crazy kids
 
Tommy, I’ve substituted a link for reasons of copyright.
 
I guess there’s a reason most of the V8 Challengers I see for sale have a salvage title.
 
tommymck_imp said:
At the end of the video, the newscaster said that the local councilman said that the city is reaching to the "bureau of engineering" to figure out how to make the bridge safer. The bureau of engineering? That's an interesting approach to this particular issue.
These persons supposedly all passed the same driving test (assuming they are indeed licensed and insured). Why would the L.A. tax payer be responsible for their driving negligence? (dang :-/ )
 
Back
Top