Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

GoldOxide_imp said:
Oooo Tev, very nice. Crisp snaps. Can anyone read some of those head stones anymore?
There are quite a few very old graveyards in Ireland which have been disused for sometime now and it can be very hard to read them if at all. We have some fantastic large cemeteries which are fascinating to walk through. Glasnevin is a well known Dublin cemetery here and a bit of a tourist attraction.

 
There is a weird sense of historic art in Europe's old cemeteries like you have shown Tev.

Here in Canada you might get lucky and find a leaning tablet-style small headstone that indicates death around 1820 - if you can still read it. Pretty plain.

In any case, a CB1100 in the foreground does spruce things up.
 
Well guys, spring has finally arrived in Western North Carolina, so I decided to take my first ride up into the mountains. Absolutely perfect weather - Carolina Blue skies without a cloud, temps in the mid 50's first thing in the morning, going up to mid to high 70's. I decided to go up the mountain via Rt. 80 (a.k.a. "The Devil's Whip"); north on the Blue Ridge Parkway to Little Switzerland, then back down on 226a (a.k.a. "The Diamondback"). All told about 75 miles and about 3 hours, including photo stops. Here are a few pics:

At the bottom of Rt. 80, one of my favorite rides, and just freshly paved!

ce35886f256badfccee201587ddec76f.jpg


I just had to stop and take this dam pic for Suhawk!

4463d1bf9da9bf31d6c6762bb1e8819f.jpg


This is the rest stop at the intersection of 80 and the BRP. You can see forever! And FYI for 2022 rally-goers - this is only about 80 miles from Maggie Valley!

76471eacd63c07b775e9a7fbd8250a6d.jpg


On the BRP, looking westward, toward Tennessee.

1b36840fa369bd843a2be476331ad395.jpg


I took this one because the lake I live on is just barely visible (at least it was in real life).

616912009b91a0570a238a25fd0bf195.jpg


These are the village shops in Little Switzerland. I stopped for a cup of coffee before heading down The Diamondback.

2bc62100740abead1d5a8389f2487f44.jpg


59a162a3a887712728db3035c4dea5e4.jpg


If there weren't so many leaves on the trees, you could see Linville Gorge just to the left of that cliff face.

49a20c68331e865414ee2fbd5fa1d59a.jpg


Almost home. That's Mt. Mitchell directly over the bike.

8b5e72b0de8f521e274ad378dc1aa36a.jpg


I hope you enjoy, and if your travels take you to WNC, be sure and look me up!
 
Thanks for sharing. That is beautiful country. Sadly, when I lived in Tuckasegee, I didn't have a motorcycle. Would love to ride through there now, though.
 
Nice Amos. I dont remember that 226 sign or snake curbing. When did they put those in?
 
After two Covid seasons, my CB100 and I have finally made it abroad!

However, I can’t find out how to post an image from my phone, so you can’t see the picture I wanted to post. Grr.
 
Hovmod, the Tapatalk app allows easy posting from a phone.
 
It is nice to see pictures of far-away places like Norway. Your bike has a good deal of luggage - do you do a lot of touring on it?
 
Back
Top