Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

The ferret_imp said:
you take the most interesting photos Wisedrum
No, no it's the Galaxy S21. A member of the W-Forum wrote a few weeks ago, it's the photographer who shoots a good photo, if he's using a mirror reflex camera. When using a good smartphone, it's the phone. You can see it as you like.

Concerning the green gras, it's pretty cold these days in the north of Germany, -2°. No April joke. So I still wonder, but the gras is always greener on the other side.

Today I will also go out for ride. This time on the Kawa.
 
Getting back from a little jaunt around town. Planning a 3500 miler in late spring, a big loop from Georgia to Wisc and back. Need to change out the tires and brakes first. 100 short of 11K on the clock; about 3K of which are mine in last 2yrs. Still in love

I only wish the aftermarket hadn't died down so abruptly. Seems like a most of the Samurider stuff has gone out of stock and is being discontinued. I was interested in an exhaust upgrade down the line

 
This was Sunday morning on the way to the museum on the 405.

The Goodyear Blimp was getting ready to take off from its flying field. Unfortunately, the GoPro couldn't get a clear enough shot of it, as I was planning to use it as my snarky entry into the monthly photo contest.

I was going to claim that a blimp is propeller-driven, and while the rules stipulated that helicopters didn't count, there was no mention of blimps.
 
does a dirt road count?
33d534d52be7df45c2f79e7cb78a4f36.jpg

3f785c5c54c50a9a39324fdad61a3e13.jpg
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
This was Sunday morning on the way to the museum on the 405.

The Goodyear Blimp was getting ready to take off from its flying field. Unfortunately, the GoPro couldn't get a clear enough shot of it, as I was planning to use it as my snarky entry into the monthly photo contest.

I was going to claim that a blimp is propeller-driven, and while the rules stipulated that helicopters didn't count, there was no mention of blimps.
Your story reminds me of when I first moved to Miami, FL, from Kansas at the tender age of 16. I was driving our '52 Buick to my Mom's office to have lunch with her. As I drove through Miami, suddenly this very large, silver UFO rose slowly from the neighborhood to my right. I had no idea what in the world I was witnessing until it got high enough that I could make out that it was the Goodyear blimp, which in those days was anchored in the old Orange Bowl stadium, which was in the heart of Miami. That was the first time I ever saw a blimp, but not the last. And it was my first and last UFO sighting as well.
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
This was Sunday morning on the way to the museum on the 405.

The Goodyear Blimp was getting ready to take off from its flying field. Unfortunately, the GoPro couldn't get a clear enough shot of it, as I was planning to use it as my snarky entry into the monthly photo contest.

I was going to claim that a blimp is propeller-driven, and while the rules stipulated that helicopters didn't count, there was no mention of blimps.
Your story reminds me of when I first moved to Miami, FL, from Kansas at the tender age of 16. I was driving our '52 Buick to my Mom's office to have lunch with her. As I drove through Miami, suddenly this very large, silver UFO rose slowly from the neighborhood to my right. I had no idea what in the world I was witnessing until it got high enough that I could make out that it was the Goodyear blimp, which in those days was anchored in the old Orange Bowl stadium, which was in the heart of Miami. That was the first time I ever saw a blimp, but not the last. And it was my first and last UFO sighting as well.
Ha! The California blimp field is right off of the 405 Freeway in the South Bay Curve, a section that can have very heavy traffic. When the blimp lands, it's pretty dramatic, as it has to point down at the ground and power its way down, it doesn't descend gently like an airplane.

A friend of mine had moved to the area recently, and was stuck in traffic in that area. He called me, with a panic in his voice:

"Dude, you won't believe this! I'm in Carson, watching the Goodyear blimp - it's crashing!"

"Really?"

"Yeah! It's pointed straight down, and its coming down!"

"Huh. Are there a bunch of guys standing on the ground below it, like they're waiting for it to come down?"

"Yeah!"

"Are there ropes hanging down from the blimp?"

"Yeah... wait... the guys are grabbing the ropes... never mind."
 
jedd_imp said:
here's a good one:thumbsup:

09b6002495c338339e2905183f208a9c.jpg


...another random pic

a730827591b75b29dd93c4545c4aedb6.jpg


and one more :excited:

d1c3c1129ecb5a9f36a012447748cbaf.jpg
That is some rare company sharing your road. Thank you for making my day!
Gone in 60_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
This was Sunday morning on the way to the museum on the 405.

The Goodyear Blimp was getting ready to take off from its flying field. Unfortunately, the GoPro couldn't get a clear enough shot of it, as I was planning to use it as my snarky entry into the monthly photo contest.

I was going to claim that a blimp is propeller-driven, and while the rules stipulated that helicopters didn't count, there was no mention of blimps.
Your story reminds me of when I first moved to Miami, FL, from Kansas at the tender age of 16. I was driving our '52 Buick to my Mom's office to have lunch with her. As I drove through Miami, suddenly this very large, silver UFO rose slowly from the neighborhood to my right. I had no idea what in the world I was witnessing until it got high enough that I could make out that it was the Goodyear blimp, which in those days was anchored in the old Orange Bowl stadium, which was in the heart of Miami. That was the first time I ever saw a blimp, but not the last. And it was my first and last UFO sighting as well.
Ha! The California blimp field is right off of the 405 Freeway in the South Bay Curve, a section that can have very heavy traffic. When the blimp lands, it's pretty dramatic, as it has to point down at the ground and power its way down, it doesn't descend gently like an airplane.

A friend of mine had moved to the area recently, and was stuck in traffic in that area. He called me, with a panic in his voice:

"Dude, you won't believe this! I'm in Carson, watching the Goodyear blimp - it's crashing!"

"Really?"

"Yeah! It's pointed straight down, and its coming down!"

"Huh. Are there a bunch of guys standing on the ground below it, like they're waiting for it to come down?"

"Yeah!"

"Are there ropes hanging down from the blimp?"

"Yeah... wait... the guys are grabbing the ropes... never mind."
Ha! The California blimp field is right off of the 405 Freeway in the South Bay Curve, a section that can have very heavy traffic. When the blimp lands, it's pretty dramatic, as it has to point down at the ground and power its way down, it doesn't descend gently like an airplane.

A friend of mine had moved to the area recently, and was stuck in traffic in that area. He called me, with a panic in his voice:

"Dude, you won't believe this! I'm in Carson, watching the Goodyear blimp - it's crashing!"

"Really?"

"Yeah! It's pointed straight down, and its coming down!"

"Huh. Are there a bunch of guys standing on the ground below it, like they're waiting for it to come down?"

"Yeah!"

"Are there ropes hanging down from the blimp?"

"Yeah... wait... the guys are grabbing the ropes... never mind." :rofl:
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
This was Sunday morning on the way to the museum on the 405.

The Goodyear Blimp was getting ready to take off from its flying field. Unfortunately, the GoPro couldn't get a clear enough shot of it, as I was planning to use it as my snarky entry into the monthly photo contest.

I was going to claim that a blimp is propeller-driven, and while the rules stipulated that helicopters didn't count, there was no mention of blimps.
Your story reminds me of when I first moved to Miami, FL, from Kansas at the tender age of 16. I was driving our '52 Buick to my Mom's office to have lunch with her. As I drove through Miami, suddenly this very large, silver UFO rose slowly from the neighborhood to my right. I had no idea what in the world I was witnessing until it got high enough that I could make out that it was the Goodyear blimp, which in those days was anchored in the old Orange Bowl stadium, which was in the heart of Miami. That was the first time I ever saw a blimp, but not the last. And it was my first and last UFO sighting as well.
Nachodaddy, don’t be too sure of that. Word has it that newer model UFOs look just like human made flying objects.
 
Back
Top