Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

Wait until you hear it next time LOL

Actually, looking at the telling Cormanus linked to and the one I just told, the only difference is who sat in the front. I thought I sat in the front which is how I originally told it, but when retelling it here, I thought, Stocky was taller than I was, it would only make sense for the shorter guy to have gotten in the back, which was me, as it was a 2 door car. To tell the truth at this point I can't remember who sat in the front and who sat in the back (although I still believe it was me). Other than that, the tale is how I told it.
 
Through barren fields and frozen lakes leads my ride today with the CB on a cold and windy sunny Februar Sunday. The Honda passes 70.000km on the trip on its speedometer. After 8 years of riding still a lovely machine without any problems.

 
Wisedrum_imp said:
Through barren fields and frozen lakes leads my ride today with the CB on a cold and windy sunny Februar Sunday. The Honda passes 70.000km on the trip on its speedometer. After 8 years of riding still a lovely machine without any problems.
Really like your photos Wisedrum, but this is not up to your usual technical quality?
 
Installed and use a nearly new Samsung Smartphone S21 instead of my old S9. Don't know, should be better photos, I wonder.

To post photos here I have to compress them hard and downsize 4MB pics to the maximum allowed size of 240kb. I think this causes the lack of your mentioned quality, if it's that what you mean. Now more than before. Don't know how to handle it in the future to prevent original good looking pics from looking too bad after I posted them here with compression. The loss of quality is obvious. Any tips?
 
Wisedrum_imp said:
Installed and use a nearly new Samsung Smartphone S21 instead of my old S9. Don't know, should be better photos, I wonder.

To post photos here I have to compress them hard and downsize 4MB pics to the maximum allowed size of 240kb. I think this causes the lack of your mentioned quality, if it's that what you mean. Now more than before. Don't know how to handle it in the future to prevent original good looking pics from looking too bad after I posted them here with compression. The loss of quality is obvious. Any tips?
Your picture does look grainy Wisedrum. I take my Photo and open it with "Paint" on my Windows PC and resize. In this example my original photo is 4.14MB, just resize, I chose 15% and saved as a renamed JPEG in the save options. Right mouse click to check the new properties and it is now a 151KB picture with good enough clarity for a furm website.
 
Wisedrum_imp said:
Through barren fields and frozen lakes leads my ride today with the CB on a cold and windy sunny Februar Sunday. The Honda passes 70.000km on the trip on its speedometer. After 8 years of riding still a lovely machine without any problems.
I like this picture, Wisedrum. It has a very Van Gogh quality to it.
 
Here's another photo shot on the same sunday with my new S21 in the dawn. I hope it doesn't look grainy too with a lot of compression for the forum.

 
Wisedrum_imp said:
Through barren fields and frozen lakes leads my ride today with the CB on a cold and windy sunny Februar Sunday. The Honda passes 70.000km on the trip on its speedometer. After 8 years of riding still a lovely machine without any problems.
This is truly a detailed image Wisedrum. Yes, it is challenging to compress for native storage in the CB1100 database. Here is a kick at the can at under 250 kBs ...

 
Historic Columbia River Hiway...beautiful sunny 55 degree day.

I don't think I've ever taken a photo of Multnomah Falls with my bike in the shot. Found a spot where I could fit the falls in w/out the crowds of visitors:
41e15ddfd816dcfcc105bd0e23e25c9d.jpg


Wahkeena Falls is close by:
00236aa4bd319203b7a2d6e3ade9643c.jpg


Sans people
bab2be00d9faf192de59236ff62bc57c.jpg


Shepperd's Dell
603dafe33e1b3d889edbdc11d55af873.jpg


eb1df7a2572dfca921754c9f624c9301.jpg


I'm pleased to own this bike.
 
My wife and I visited at least one of those falls when we stopped to see Guth.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Nice snaps pdedse. Probably camera didn't do justice to the experience.

Also, we now know what your shadow looks like. :)
I'm likely a shady character frequently.
The ferret_imp said:
My wife and I visited at least one of those falls when we stopped to see Guth.
If you and Guth rode past one of those, then it's likely you rode past all three. I guess there's some 70 plus waterfalls along the Gorge, lots of good hiking, which I like to combine with the mc rides.

I do have the W800 to go along with the CB1100...if you're doing a return visit, let me know. You're wife can ride the KLR650!
 
Beautifully sunny, but nippy, afternoon today. Managed a 50 mike loop that took me along the shores of Lake Michigan.

a805200483ed35a433f4ce9362dc273c.jpg

Rosewood Beach, Highland Park, IL

0919f7fb5dcdb675cedd1370e4f8b609.jpg

Warm enough to have a short cigar, but it took a while for my heated gear to re-heat after sitting around outside for 1/2 hour.

2dc03cb0cc897680ba889cda1052e1ee.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Looks like a stunning afternoon. There's something magical about air quality in winter.
 
pdedse_imp said:
Beautiful, MTC. Is that a sticker on the helmet or is it painted on?
Thanks. It’s a vinyl sticker. I have a friend who does signs and vehicle wraps. I came up with the basic concept and he did the final design and installation.
 
Back
Top