Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

A well-stocked garage is important.

ad3898a80acbe595aa20e892228c32cd.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Did not want to clutter the forum with a new thread just to show my “new” helmets. Moderators can move this wherever they see fit.

I’m a member of the local BMW club (yes, really) and went to their swap meet last night. Picked up these two retro gems for $75 each. The Gringo is brand new and the Bell was worn once.

Going to get some goggles now to complete the look.

74f98256a2eb5aeba8883632fa373235.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hey Evel :hello:

BTW did I ever tell you the story of taking a car ride with Evel Kinevel?
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Did not want to clutter the forum with a new thread just to show my “new” helmets. Moderators can move this wherever they see fit.

I’m a member of the local BMW club (yes, really) and went to their swap meet last night. Picked up these two retro gems for $75 each. The Gringo is brand new and the Bell was worn once.

Going to get some goggles now to complete the look.

74f98256a2eb5aeba8883632fa373235.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nice!
 
The ferret_imp said:
Hey Evel :hello:

BTW did I ever tell you the story of taking a car ride with Evel Kinevel?
No... do tell (unless it involves duct tape and you waking up in your underwear in a freight car)
 
Lol..in 1973 Evel was doing a 3 day show with a small jump inside the Cincinnati Gardens about 3 blocks from my house. I was working at a local Yamaha shop and we had a bike display at the Gardens during the show. After the show was over my boss sent me and another parts guy named Stocky Earman down to take down the display and bring back the bikes. Evel was also there tearing down his stuff. He had a semi in there for his stuff, including 2 cars, a silver one and a gold one. We were standing there talking to him and he said " Hey I need to get some gas. Do you boys want to go for a ride? Heck yea. So he got in the gold car, I got in the back seat, and Stocky got in the front seat, and we drove to this gas station. They were full service back then. So we pull up and Evel tells the attendant to fill it up. Guy fills it and comes back go the window and tells Evel it's $ X.00. Evel reaches over in front of Stocky and pops the glove box open and pulls out a stack of credit cars about 2" thick, and says to the guy " you take any of these?" Then says "never mind, I'll just pay you" and puts the cards back in ghe glove box, and whips out a wad of cash in a money clip and hands the guy a bill. After getting his change we went for a short ride before heading back to the Gardens. Pretty cool experience for a couple 23 year old motorcycle nuts.

A year later I got ride with and to help entertain Pierre Karsmaker (500cc WC motocross racer) Tim Hart, and Mike Hartwig, Team Yamaha factory motocrossers when our shop hosted a Gran Am Race at a track we built. I'll never forget Karsmaker telling me " you've got to give it more gaass" on this one down hill section I wasn't attacking hard enough, followed by " downhill is just level on an angle".lol
 
Great story. See? I will never have a story like this...mainly because my close high school and college friends are named Dean or Jeff or Marty. You can't have a story like this without a buddy named Stocky Earman
 
Stocky now lives in California, and has cancer. He was one of the ushers in our wedding.The Yamaha/Honda shop I buy my bikes from and stop in every week is the same shop and is now owned by one of the racer kids that was a lot lizard at the shop who Dianne and I used to haul around to some of the races. He keeps me informed on all the guys from back then. I've known him since he was 14 years old. We went to his wedding lol. Two of the other guys from back then are neigbors that live 3 & 4 houses down from me. This is a pretty small community lol.
 
Interesting story Ferret. However, I am a bit disappointed. I thought your story would involve you and Evil jumping over the Ohio River.

Nice lids MTC
 
The A-man_imp said:
Hey Ferret, I was planning a Wednesday "story nite" at the Easr Coast rally. Can I book you as the main attraction?
Great idea, but be warned, he's know to repeat himself: Evel Knievel
 
Man, I am getting old. Repeating stories is a sure sign on you're into old man/grandfather zone. Sorry.
 
Wow, this story gets better with each retelling! Thanks for sharing, Cormanus. I'm excited, never met anyone who actually knew Evel. This is going to be the best rally campfire nite ever! I have so many questions. Was it Ferret who first suggested that Snake Canyon Rocket Bike Stunt? Did Ferret really try to talk him into switching over to jumping CB 750s? Are the rumors true about what he wore under that white leather suit - anything at all...nothing at all??? Glad that it's still 6 months to the rally -- it will give me time to jot down more questions as I think of them. Of course we'll have to video the session since MTC can't make it to this year's rally. I predict it will go viral in minutes. The next You Tube internet sensation!!!
 
Back
Top