Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

Rainy and dark homeward commute.

ea660fe769ff0620f2d6375d7d955ae8.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
jed, that looks great. Thanks for sharing.

MTC, a bit less so, but you get to have a ride in the dark which is nearly always pleasant in its own way.
 
My bike has never been parked here after about 6:00pm. There are too many people around during the day to make theft a serious concern.

“Romance” is a good term. The Spotify playlist I chose for my ride home is titled “Film Noir Jazz” which seemed the perfect soundtrack rainy night ride on city streets.
 
Agreed. It is missing a little sumthin'. Maybe a dark figure in a trench coat (?) in the shadows identified only by the slight glowing cinder of a cigarette.
 
It’s there Au₂O₃. Look at the right hand side of the pic at about the height of the right mirror. It’s MTC’s cigar.
 
Different type of ride and road today. I followed a path that is called a Bedouin Oasis Route, which started as tarmac, kinda wavy, flowing curves and constantly up and down over the dunes, and then slowly turned into just gravel and sand, over to the camel race track (if you've never seen one, it is an experience) and then through random dirt roads back home. My CB behaved exceptionally well, surprisingly well! Even on these Avon Roadriders in the sand, it was very nicely balanced and composed.
Photo was at a random spot when I noticed the sun was about to disappear soon, and the second one just because I think the red goes well with the color of the sand
75f3cb1459f7d0b3878fd93b883590c6.jpg
e0b6660a5b36fa75d10cffa87d228d77.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Does that sand blow across regular roads making them slippery? I hate sand in turns here.
 
Not exactly out on the road but here's my CB after several hours of polishing! A rather short and chilly ride out today but still the ultimate antidote. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

463bc6429b71bb7b68092f706f1ac793.jpg
 
Tev62_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Nice pic Tod. Bike looks really clean.
It should do, it gets sand blasted everyday :exclamation:
It should do, it gets sand blasted everyday :exclamation:
0bed52fed6bdd67856ed43a999ec345c.png
7805229d0732e530965498557f0fb3c9.png
de95f717eb0a9bfc7a642db578e3fc04.png
basically that is true
The ferret_imp said:
Does that sand blow across regular roads making them slippery? I hate sand in turns here.
It does but not so much to significantly affect road conditions, sand migrates more after really heavy winds and after the rain, then one can find proper dunes on the road. Roads that are used more frequently, get cleaned on a daily basis
GoldOxide_imp said:
Nice pic Tod. Bike looks really clean.
The magic of photography, ey?

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
ElevenForty_imp said:
Not exactly out on the road but here's my CB after several hours of polishing! A rather short and chilly ride out today but still the ultimate antidote. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

463bc6429b71bb7b68092f706f1ac793.jpg
I think you've done a really good job with the polish because I need sunglasses to look at it

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
A balmy 35° necessitated a trip to the beach. LOL.
52 miles today.

01ac20c244f8198d4b8f2e42a70e316e.jpg

Lake Michigan. Tower Road Beach, Winnetka, Illinois.

96f622572dd7194443af2a43e95d2da3.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Nice lake photos! Looks a little chilly. MTC have you ever ridden north of Green Bay and up into the Hiawatha National Forest area, and/or crossing over into upper Michigan? I may have the opportunity this summer and am looking for some riding ideas in that area.
 
Was just up that way last summer. Our group’s big trip was to the UP. We were as far west as Iron River and as far north as Copper Harbor. I have a number of roads and points of interest I can direct you to.

I’m actually working on a Seat Time report on our trip. There will be maps and such in that. Also, feel free to PM me
 
Back
Top