About twenty years ago, I moved my daughter into her first off-campus apartment near Elon, NC. I spent the day as you did assembling flat-packed desks, dressers, and a bed. I had rented a U-Haul truck to bring her things down from Virginia, and decided there was room for my ‘80 CB750F. I picked the bike up from the shop where I left it for some tuning, and had the guys there help me roll it up the ramp.EmptySea_imp said:![]()
Our daughter moved out and into her first non-student apartment today. Spent the daylight hours building a dresser, a bed, and hanging a mirror. In order to get 2020 Riding Day #170 logged, had to head out at 5:00pm. 37° but clear, so the 22 miles I rode were pretty comfortable. Bike feels a bit smoother with the new ECU, but that could be my imagination. Hoping to squeeze Day #171 in tomorrow..
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
After unloading all my daughter’s stuff, I spent the rest of the day and night exploring the back roads on the Honda, but when it came time to leave, there was no one to help me get the bike back into the truck. It was just me and my daughter. I figured the ride up the narrow ramp would be safer if I had a little speed, but then what? I hit the rear brake hard as soon as the back wheel was off the ramp, and it tucked under into a skid. I wasn’t going that fast, and the bike swung around ninty degrees and came to a neat stop parallel and two feet from the front wall.
It was all done so quick, that my daughter was too astonished for words. It was like some type of circus trick. Although I didn’t let it show, I was more astonished than she was, as I had no idea how I did it, and could never do it again.
. 