Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

Cormanus_imp said:
One more for you. I know it's not a CB1100 on the road but it's near and dear nonetheless...

5006a6e225755fb75b960862433dd4c0.jpg


:excited:
 
That’s not ‘primitive 60s riding technology’. Nice.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
That’s not ‘primitive 60s riding technology’. Nice.
She's a sweet ride for sure though no way near as comfortable as the CB1100 and geared much lower with 6th being the same ratio as 3rd on the 1100. It's a revvier motor naturally since it's essentially a naked Fireblade and I end up in the 4,000-6,000 RPM range as opposed to 2,000-4,000 on the CB1100. They make for a nice set of bookends and I'm happy with the stable of 3 with the big DCT Bagger rounding it out.
 
max_imp said:
Ferret that's amazing, on your b&w picture on the side of the lake my first thought was; he also has a cb500!

Just from that angle and the black and white pic told my mind that must be an old photo, very interesting effect and here is what sparked the connection, a real b/w picture of my cb500.



Really enjoyed that bike and that is just about all that is left of it now but very happy i still have that photo.
Purchased new in '75 when I was a senior in High School. Parked 10 years later at my parents house. And now I'm looking to bring her back to life. I was considering it when I found my new 2014 standard in 2017 and I spent the funds on the 1100. It will be a long term bare frame restoration but the bike is complete as it made it up that hill on it's own power.

6c268bf487479a1a2038ae6b4745c2c4.jpg
 
It's been 102 days since the Achilles surgery and I decided it was time to get the CB1100EX out for a brief little 25 mile spin around the "neighborhood". Fortunately, it's not far before it feels like you're not in the city anymore.

fb9dfecf234217fbe23a233799f082f6.jpg


Felt so good to be back on any bike, but even better to be back out on this one.
 
Good deal TX, I hate missing a day, cant imagine missing 102 of them in a row
 
The ferret_imp said:
not exactly a barn find lol
More like Planet of the Apes :-/ Believe me it breaks my heart that she was left there for three decades but I'm back now and will ultimately get her in the basement somehow. :beerchug:
 
Must be good to be out TXBG. Pretty bike.
 
Willmarth_imp said:
max_imp said:
Ferret that's amazing, on your b&w picture on the side of the lake my first thought was; he also has a cb500!

Just from that angle and the black and white pic told my mind that must be an old photo, very interesting effect and here is what sparked the connection, a real b/w picture of my cb500.



Really enjoyed that bike and that is just about all that is left of it now but very happy i still have that photo.
Purchased new in '75 when I was a senior in High School. Parked 10 years later at my parents house. And now I'm looking to bring her back to life. I was considering it when I found my new 2014 standard in 2017 and I spent the funds on the 1100. It will be a long term bare frame restoration but the bike is complete as it made it up that hill on it's own power.

6c268bf487479a1a2038ae6b4745c2c4.jpg
Purchased new in '75 when I was a senior in High School. Parked 10 years later at my parents house. And now I'm looking to bring her back to life. I was considering it when I found my new 2014 standard in 2017 and I spent the funds on the 1100. It will be a long term bare frame restoration but the bike is complete as it made it up that hill on it's own power.

d5d2e99b4da4d37fc3eae9d7844e6ea4.jpg

That's an amazing tale, depending what you want to do with the bike you may want to consider getting the engine in good condition but leaving the "patina" on the bike like it is, should be the most original bike out there and a nice talking point," a bike is only original once", kudos for your parents and thanks for the story.
 
The CB1100 is very elegant in blue. Which bike did you ride first?
 
I was thinking riding the cub second might feel a bit anticlimactic.
 
Back
Top