Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

oh no, 180 is Wolfpen Gap. too sharp for me, and yes, there are switchbacks. I prefer 60. But the Cherohala is what I really like, just farther away.
 
Have you tried 348, Richard B Russell Scenic Hwy just north of Helen? Less sharp and very pretty, and closer to us.

This picture is from one of the scenic lookouts.

 
Flynrider_imp said:
Stopped along Highway 12 in northern Idaho for a short hike through the cedar Grove.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Those matching side covers make the 2013's look so much better. :thumbsup:
 
clearviewx_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
Stopped along Highway 12 in northern Idaho for a short hike through the cedar Grove.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Those matching side covers make the 2013's look so much better. :thumbsup:
If you look close, you'll see that mine have the matching tank stripe as well. I paid extra for that.
23d0ba5ca3b8d4e4b133e69b1dcd1f9e.png
df16e3a47b3f1dc63d78c84a4c5b1198.png


Today's pic is from the northern end of the Sawtooth Mountain Range.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
 
Lovely picture, Flyn. Is that top case new?
 
Man, that is gorgeous Fly. I see where they earned their name.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Lovely picture, Flyn. Is that top case new?
It's relatively new to me. It's a H&B Journey 42l that I fitted to my existing H&B rack. I got it from forum member SanPete back in January. I've never been a fan of the way they look, but the utility outweighs that by a large margin on long road trips. The Tourmaster Select side bags are also new for this year. I'm really enjoying having real, functional storage, rather than just piling everything up with bungees on the back seat and rack.
 
Good bloke, SanPete. I had the great pleasure of riding with him on my brief trip to the US. Top boxes are as ugly as no get out, but they are very practical. I wonder too about getting some side bags for camping trips. Those Tourmaster bags look OK, although noroomtomoove has some that came from a crowd called Andy Strapz that have a roll top and I think are waterproof. I like the look of them every time I see them.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Lovely picture, Flyn. Is that top case new?
It's relatively new to me. It's a H&B Journey 42l that I fitted to my existing H&B rack. I got it from forum member SanPete back in January. I've never been a fan of the way they look, but the utility outweighs that by a large margin on long road trips. The Tourmaster Select side bags are also new for this year. I'm really enjoying having real, functional storage, rather than just piling everything up with bungees on the back seat and rack.
And that is how you end up with a dedicated touring/sport touring bike with fairing, bags and trunk in the garage

from this

8e050a1d44b0f44f3c88c57a44e2e288.jpg


to this

0fbf2c11f99405a9b6576b2fb994839f.jpg


:rofl:
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Good bloke, SanPete. I had the great pleasure of riding with him on my brief trip to the US. Top boxes are as ugly as no get out, but they are very practical. I wonder too about getting some side bags for camping trips. Those Tourmaster bags look OK, although noroomtomoove has some that came from a crowd called Andy Strapz that have a roll top and I think are waterproof. I like the look of them every time I see them.
I felt the same way about top boxes, so I bought the Honda rear rack. It did not take too long to realize it had limited capabilities, so I bought small and inexpensive EMGO top box for my helmet.


It turned out to be more useful than I anticipated as I now have a place for my gloves, ear plugs, maps, camera, emergency kit, etc. Even hauled a medium size snapping turtle in it on my last ride.

On one day trip the helmet was replaced with a fishing reel, collapsible rod, and small tackle box.

For a week long trip fishing trip I bought some Sedici Distanza Square saddlebags on sale for $99 from Cycle Gear. Amazing the amount of clothes and stuff I was able to squeeze into them.
 
Nortoon, your top box is ugly. So is mine. Cormanus said so. :P
 
I think any top box for the CB1100 is ugly (30L or 50L+). Nevertheless, the practicality cannot be ignored. I reckon many of us at the Forum don't really care anyway. :)
 
Thank you popgun. I needed a laugh. :D
 
Yes, top boxes are ugly and we should have went for the retro milk crate look instead...
 
kennyw_imp said:
Yes, top boxes are ugly and we should have went for the retro milk crate look instead...
Color matching, lightweight, and aerodynamically neutral. Comes with multiple tie-down points and won't fill up with water.

6b7716987adb07882af9cd2d09e08930.jpg


5d7e98d2d30ba514c5e7da9fcc6e5c53.jpg


5ac0305ac688a1a2b2386201c5e5c05c.jpg
 
Well, that is versatile!

What is up with the complimentary bike rentals?
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Well, that is versatile!

What is up with the complimentary bike rentals?
I stayed overnight at a hotel in Eureka, CA and they let my park my bike there by the front door, which also happened to be next to a bike rack.
 
Oh, bicycles! I was, naturally :) , thinking motorcycles!
 
Back
Top