Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

The ferret_imp said:
Last ride of the year on the CB

a782edec5788276cb67c350a6eab0968.jpg
I saw this today:
CB1100 Forum
 
I'm out at my near end of Santiago Canyon Rd. on a winter's day. This is about the only place close where I can get away from a very dense, urban sprawl here in SoCal. In most cases I use my bike daily to get to work, run to the ocean to paddle my kayak or pick-up honeydo items for the wifee.

For so much of my life I lived adjacent to rural countryside and had so many options for joy rides. Now, I only have this within a reasonable distance. It gives me the opportunity to climb up the Santa Ana mountain range and experience crisp air, the smells of rotting leaves, pine scents and, on rare occasions, see a bit of snow or rain swollen creeks.

There's a pretty cool biker bar towards one end of the canyon, "Cooks Corner". They've got cheap drinks, cover bands and a wide variety of bikes parked out front (50+ often), standards of all varieties and really cool customs. With the high wages and salaries in this part of the country, you can see some amazing indulgences. Yesterday BTW, I spotted a Norton Comando, brand new and extremely tricked out parked right up next to the main entrance. The owner probably stood in that spot for 2 hours fielding questions and comments. -Said there's only 5 built. O.K .! I'll see if I can post it after walking the dawg and doing morning chores. -Maybe a number of other interesting pics of bikes on a different thread some day. Regards, ~Jonny
 
Thanks for sharing the perspective Jonny. It allows some of us to see humanity in ways that we would normally not afford in time. Of course, your ride is just simply :thumbsup: .
 
Jonnyallover_imp said:
I'm out at my near end of Santiago Canyon Rd. on a winter's day. This is about the only place close where I can get away from a very dense, urban sprawl here in SoCal. In most cases I use my bike daily to get to work, run to the ocean to paddle my kayak or pick-up honeydo items for the wifee.

For so much of my life I lived adjacent to rural countryside and had so many options for joy rides. Now, I only have this within a reasonable distance. It gives me the opportunity to climb up the Santa Ana mountain range and experience crisp air, the smells of rotting leaves, pine scents and, on rare occasions, see a bit of snow or rain swollen creeks.

There's a pretty cool biker bar towards one end of the canyon, "Cooks Corner". They've got cheap drinks, cover bands and a wide variety of bikes parked out front (50+ often), standards of all varieties and really cool customs. With the high wages and salaries in this part of the country, you can see some amazing indulgences. Yesterday BTW, I spotted a Norton Comando, brand new and extremely tricked out parked right up next to the main entrance. The owner probably stood in that spot for 2 hours fielding questions and comments. -Said there's only 5 built. O.K .! I'll see if I can post it after walking the dawg and doing morning chores. -Maybe a number of other interesting pics of bikes on a different thread some day. Regards, ~Jonny
Hm, Home - Cook's Corner, could be one of the first places to go when I'd arrive in LA next year. :thumbsup:
 
The ferret_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
MaFiHa... Gorgeous looking bike!
+ 1 wonder why they don't ship those RS's here?
+ 1 wonder why they don't ship those RS's here?
Hi Ferret.

I would miss this bike if they wouldn’t sell it in Germany.
Love the proportions, color, feeling :rolleyes:
 
max_imp said:
What? another one?

When i joined the traffic over the harbour bridge i spotted another bike, followed it and when i got closer i thought " that is an unusual exhaust, wonder what bike it is, closer; hey that is a familiar engine...Heeee another cb1100.

So i pulled up beside him and said hi, he did not have the right response so i pulled slightly in front so he could recognise the bike, THAT produced the right response!

So we pulled off the road and had a good chat, very active guy, probably half my age but he really liked the cb, so we ended up taking some pictures, he just got it and unfortunately i forgot to mention the forum, he might just find it on his own though

65118f34dd4dec456053c81e0ad23286.jpg


fe6b4c801ff3c9ccf757717bbded9546.jpg


That was only the second cb i have seen in Auckland, what a coincidence.
The silver CB rocks! ( ... and taking nothing away from the red sibling.)
 


almost 60 degrees out this morning, so...50 miles for the first ride of the New Year and some nice sunny back roads with minimal traffic. let's hope it's an omen for an early spring.
 
That's the way to start the year Baxtercat!
 
You’re plugging those things again, Au2O3.

Baxtercat, nice photo. I like the jet trail in the sky.
 
baxtercat_imp said:
almost 60 degrees out this morning, so...50 miles for the first ride of the New Year and some nice sunny back roads with minimal traffic. let's hope it's an omen for an early spring.
Is that a blue EX? Were those brought to the states? Thought we only got the red ones
 
dbarkdoll_imp said:
baxtercat_imp said:
almost 60 degrees out this morning, so...50 miles for the first ride of the New Year and some nice sunny back roads with minimal traffic. let's hope it's an omen for an early spring.
Is that a blue EX? Were those brought to the states? Thought we only got the red ones
Is that a blue EX? Were those brought to the states? Thought we only got the red ones
we did. it's a 2018 Hawkseye blue tank from Samurider, swapped in.
 
Back
Top