Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

out of curiosity, what's the advantage of buying an engine like this and building a bike from scratch? just to say you did it, or can it be better than a production bike you buy somewhere?
 
Hey y'all:

I found this red 2013 CB1100 today at the end of my ride. In my neck of the woods the red CB1100s are very uncommon. Heck, CB1100s are generally uncommon here. This was an American model. Met the owner - nice guy. I beg for forgiveness for (hmm, alotta 4's) the goofy top box.

 
That is NOT a goofy top box. Mine is goofy, courtesy of Plano. Yes, the tackle box people. I figure if ADV guys can get away with aluminum packing crates, we're good.

Ben
 
Hey, cool. I went for function vs. form. I know some CB1100'ers cringe adding any type of box to their ride. I tend to agree, but at some point some of us wish to mule our ride for daily runs. I bored a long time ago wearing the backpack.

Ben70_imp said:
That is NOT a goofy top box. Mine is goofy, courtesy of Plano. Yes, the tackle box people. I figure if ADV guys can get away with aluminum packing crates, we're good.

Ben
 
GoldOxide, I hope you told your new acquaintance about the forum.

The top box is fine, btw.
 
No need Cormanus, I've been here a while... American bike in Canada with hepco and becker bags I'm surprised you didn't know it was me, plus same helmet as my Tail of The Dragon pics.... :)
 
bigsheep, how very unobservant of me. :huh:
 
GoldO, nothing wrong with your top box at all. Have you seen pictures of my bike with the aluminum top box mounted? My friends call it the fridge. :@ Now, as for the red bike, it needs LARGER hardcases. They look too small on the CB :)


99702af2bc0a7ec536186473e6f6ef40.jpg
 
Frulk - that is some quality moment there. Thanks for sharing.

Frulk_imp said:
GoldO, nothing wrong with your top box at all. Have you seen pictures of my bike with the aluminum top box mounted? My friends call it the fridge. :@ Now, as for the red bike, it needs LARGER hardcases. They look too small on the CB :)


99702af2bc0a7ec536186473e6f6ef40.jpg
 
Back
Top