Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

Thanks zbillster. I’m looking for just the rack but am having trouble deciding. I like the look of this and the Givi but they’re really made for attaching cases and I’m wondering how useful they’ll be just as a rack.
 
Depends what you want to put on it, KiowaEagle. The Ferret has a Fehling rack that looks a bit like zbillster's but is maybe even slightly shorter. He'll tell you, I think, that he finds it fine for carrying his wet weather kit around. If you wanted to sling a duffel on it, the OEM one would be a better bet as it doesn't have the rail on the front.
 
I got this Hepco new for $150 from the craigslist guy, which was quite a deal ... I like the provisions for pillion to have a couple of options for something to grab onto, and the "just in case" bar to keep them from falling off the back during 2nd gear pulls.

Your standard 1970s milk crate, zip-tied at the bottom ...



Or your basic duffel bag ... this one's about 18x12x12 inches ...



 
zbillster_imp said:
I got this Hepco new for $150 from the craigslist guy, which was quite a deal ... I like the provisions for pillion to have a couple of options for something to grab onto, and the "just in case" bar to keep them from falling off the back during 2nd gear pulls.

Your standard 1970s milk crate, zip-tied at the bottom ...



Or your basic duffel bag ... this one's about 18x12x12 inches ...
That firs pic freaked me out for a second....I though you stole my bike! I have the exact same rack with a black milk crate zip-tied to it. It's perfect for me 90% of the time.
 
I too had a black crate. Upgraded to a dewalt case with a home made mount that allowed me to quickly change the size of the case, deepening on what the need would be, Dewalt makes several cases with the same mount. I also use the small Iron Rider soft case for everyday, just cause it looks better.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Those last few sure beat the price I just paid for a 47 L Givi top case for the FJR. Heck I'd bet they even beat the price for the mount kit lol
 
This is a photo taken today just above a popular surfing spot in Pacifica. Linda Mar Beach. It's about 20 miles north of Mavericks.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
I paid $35 for each vase and about $20 for the hardware for the mount.
The ferret_imp said:
Those last few sure beat the price I just paid for a 47 L Givi top case for the FJR. Heck I'd bet they even beat the price for the mount kit lol
Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Route 66 in Central IL... nice evening ride.
f0260c9b4c352019b0bd05d90657f52f.jpg
 
Well, I thought I gave the old girl a proper rogering last weekend ... enough to keep her content ... but then I hear her pleas from my garage ... "Oh, no, darlin' ... roger me some more ... longer ... faster ... harder ..."

So I took the old girl out for an overnighter to Nocona to see the Horton Classic Car Collection ... booked the honeymoon suite.

Cut the trip a little short ... the 18+ mph wind was giving me a good rogering ... :dodgy:

Anyway, here's five of the many I took ... the best five, methinks ...









 
It's cold down here in Melbourne Aus, nothing like what you folks in northern US and Europe get, but cold enough to make riding not so enjoyable especially when the roads are damp from dew and the air is thick with fog. Well that's the kind of morning it was yesterday but the lure of doing a few hot laps in a friends race prepped street car at the Broadford race track was strong enough for me to put down my latte and step away from the fireplace.

Had to stop outside the Strathcreek pub to give the CB's engine a hug and get some feeling back into my fingers. The pub kinda looks like it's been shut for years but apparently not. I guess it's what the hipsters call "rustic appeal".
90feca71c93a46acec0e7e12106643c3.jpg


The fog lifted and the sun shone brightly. Had a great time watching cars get around this tight little track. The car is a 2010 6.2Lt Chevy powered Holden SSV. Engine, brake and suspension modifications by Harrop engineeering, it's a fast car.
7a89f6f48e4cf480f4c4195941a9051c.jpg


Interesting to compare cars to bikes on this track which I am familiar with. Car has much better braking, not as much acceleration, slower exit from the turns but able to cut the corners and go over few curbs. Out of curiosity I timed a few laps but these big heavy cars around this little track are a few seconds slower than your average street going CBR600 / R6 etc. Was a really fun day.
 
zbillster_imp said:
Well, I thought I gave the old girl a proper rogering last weekend ... enough to keep her content ... but then I hear her pleas from my garage ... "Oh, no, darlin' ... roger me some more ... longer ... faster ... harder ..."

So I took the old girl out for an overnighter to Nocona to see the Horton Classic Car Collection ... booked the honeymoon suite.

Cut the trip a little short ... the 18+ mph wind was giving me a good rogering ... :dodgy:

Anyway, here's five of the many I took ... the best five, methinks ...
:rofl:
 
Some great pictures today. Good to see you on the bike, Aussieflyer.
 
Just finished a trip from Mpls to CA (via Badlands, Black Hills, Rocky Mountains, Southern Utah, Southern CA), and back. Here are some pics (2014 standard)...

3ffbdad4f40093097cbcf37b167edb08.jpg


b9e1466214bb3cb52ab83487d5d13ab4.jpg


00208045aa771e354b1d2a350b14de39.jpg


1997800a827d191ea1110654a1a5f898.jpg


969aa4f1bad0ae8be49fc32f99345dc9.jpg
 
Back
Top