Houtman_imp
Road warrior
When we lived in the Southern part of Holland we had some really great meals in Belgium.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I've been several times in your country but not long enough on my way to France, to find out how good the food of Belgium tastes. Only ate very good pommes while stopping at a gasoline station on the highway but didn't drank a beer while riding.Riko_imp said:than you've never been to my country obviouslyWisedrum_imp said:Concerning food, especially bred, corny and dark, is better and much more delicious than in every other country I bought one. And beer....
Wisedrum

GaryMNM_imp said:Great pic's and write up RockHop.
Years ago when my work took my son & I to western, OK the OKC Honda Dealer sponsored an annual Ride Oklahoma event each year. I believe it was co-sponsored by the Indian Territory Riders as well. They'd give you a booklet to record your travels and then give you various towns to hit and show proof of your visit either by dated receipt or photo. Hugo, OK just happened to be one of the many towns on the hit list and had a great Harvey House location and museum. The actual towns listed weren't always something to shout about (it's the journey...) but this had some nice history to share.
This is also where Buster Brown hailed from if memory serves me correctly. Ringling, OK was also in the general area from the old Ringling Bros, Barnum & Bailey days.
I couldn't round up any of my old pic's but here's a link to that site.
Hugo Harvey House
Thanks again for the ride-a-long.


EmptySea_imp said:That's just not an "old plane from WWII". I don't know much about these things, but I am quite sure that there others here that do, but that is an example, if I'm not mistaken, of one of the most significant aircraft models in the history of aviation.
All the more reason that a CB1100 should be in the same photo.![]()
It's typical to put large barrels or catch pans under the engines when parked. In flight, they generally burn/leak about a gallon of oil per hour.Banned_imp said:I got the rare opportunity to skydive out of a DC-3 in '98 in Perris Valley, CA - it was an awesome experience. I was the first guy out the door so I had to hang onto a bar on the fuselage while waiting for everyone else to get into position for the dive. Afterwards I noticed my jump suit was covered in oil from the engine. I was amazed that it could still fly spewing that much oil.
What a great historic plane.

I once flew with Clay Lacy in his "Mainliner O'Connor" DC-3. It's a marvelous plane. Nowhere near as noisy as one might imagine, although the entire interior had been redone by Synchro Aviation with plenty of soundproofing. I had not ridden my CB1100 to the airport that time as I hadn't purchased it yet.lash_imp said:When I was first starting out flying I always wanted to fly the 3 until I saw one being loaded one day and realised everything you put in it has to be pushed uphill.....never did fly one!

I like how the CB1100 stands out on the side cover of the bottom picWisedrum_imp said:It was cold, dry and sunny but beatiful over a length of 87km. And smokin'. Two bikers crossed my way, one on aTransalp, the other on a BMW Rninet. Both doing the same coldtest round 0° as I did. We could stand it.
Wisedrum