Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

Only if you pay for data. I don't do data. I dont use a phone like young people, I make and recieve calls and texts, and take some pics, but thats about it.
 
In the absence of data, are you sure the 'Find my friends' feature works?
c-breezy_imp said:
Great pics everyone!

Cormanus, was Mount Glorious, truly glorious? Love the shot of the two CB's side-by-side. Makes me wish we got the Aussie tail reflector config, it's so much cleaner.

Gary - it's pretty cool seeing pics of the CB in different climates all from one ride.

Wisedrum, I got a nice chuckle out of yours.

coliban - so jealous of your spoked wheels! Beautiful shot too.
It's pretty nice ... and the nearest reasonable ride to the city of Brisbane where I now live. At the weekend it's swarming with bikes. Much better during the week.

I've written about it here.
 
2c76b3f0bf79337645b9ac11e5038637.jpg


Somewhere in Ventura, CA. :cool:
 
I think all location apps use cellular data. The only way to avoid using any cellular data on an iphone is to go to settings/cellular and turn off cellular data by sliding the "switch" to off.

EDIT: Ferret, alternatively you can turn off "using cellular data" for individual apps on the "settings/cellular" page and turn off data for all apps except your "find friends" app. Even the weather app uses some cellular data.
 
mattvoyle...love the mountain pic. I miss mountains when I am not in them.

OK I use a little data. I share a phone plan with my son and his wife, and use as little data as I can cause they use a lot and I don't think they are on an unlimited data plan. I am thankful they let me tag on. I don't use my phone as a computer, but I have a couple apps that I can and do use while on bike trips..a weather app, gas buddy (finding gas stations), google maps, hotel finder (finding a hotel), rest stops and my wife tracks my whereabouts and well being with the find my friends thingy. I only use the apps while travelling though for the most part. My data foot print is very small.

For the record I hate computers, I hate ipads and I hate cell phones. They all drive me nuts. Just a pretty much necessary evil for me these days, but let's not drift this thread too much, and enjoy seeing some more CB's out on the road.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
In the absence of data, are you sure the 'Find my friends' feature works?
c-breezy_imp said:
Great pics everyone!

Cormanus, was Mount Glorious, truly glorious? Love the shot of the two CB's side-by-side. Makes me wish we got the Aussie tail reflector config, it's so much cleaner.

Gary - it's pretty cool seeing pics of the CB in different climates all from one ride.

Wisedrum, I got a nice chuckle out of yours.

coliban - so jealous of your spoked wheels! Beautiful shot too.
It's pretty nice ... and the nearest reasonable ride to the city of Brisbane where I now live. At the weekend it's swarming with bikes. Much better during the week.

I've written about it here.

That...was a fantastic read, Cormanus! Great storytelling and pictures that had me feeling like I was right there with you, haha
 
c-breezy_imp said:
Great pics everyone!

Cormanus, was Mount Glorious, truly glorious? Love the shot of the two CB's side-by-side. Makes me wish we got the Aussie tail reflector config, it's so much cleaner.

Gary - it's pretty cool seeing pics of the CB in different climates all from one ride.

Wisedrum, I got a nice chuckle out of yours.

coliban - so jealous of your spoked wheels! Beautiful shot too.
Thank you breezy.

But to be true, the spoked wheels also add some work.
But to be honest, i enjoy to polish this bike, don´t know why, maybe i should talk to somebody about that...
 
Some bikes, not many, are out on the streets today.
Some ships are leaving the harbour. One of the biggest
can be seen in the picture, while my CB and I are watching
the scenery in relative cold weather without any rain.
One of my last holiday days. I enjoyed it.




Wisedrum
 
Wisedrum_imp said:
Some bikes, not many, are out on the streets today.
Some ships are leaving the harbour. One of the biggest
can be seen in the picture, while my CB and I are watching
the scenery in relative cold weather without any rain.
One of my last holiday days. I enjoyed it.




Wisedrum
Great shot! So Wise, is that an ocean port city or somewhere on the Rine? Looks to wide for a river? Where were you?

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
 
It's not an ocean. It's the Baltic Sea. The shot was taken at the fjord, which leads right into the center of Kiel, the capitol of Schleswig-Holstein where I live in the northest part of Germany. Endlessly you drive and sit near the water and watch the ever changing interplay of sky and water and all that's going on around and in front of you. Where- and whenever I go out for a motorbike ride at last the trip will lead to the (open) water. I think you can understand why. There is no better chance to open up and calm down your mind and soul, no matter in which kind of mood you're in. On my bikes mostly in a very good one. Hopefully in the evening I plan to repeat my ceremony, but the weather forecast is showing some rain for today especially at this time, a not so good starting point to go out for ride. But things between the seas sometimes change real fast. Not everyrthing forseen will always happen this way.

Wisedrum
 
Don't ever get tired of looking at the DLX.
 
Back
Top