Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

Great photos coming out of Germany today! Looking good, gents!

Popgun - I had to google the Hollister reference, but I figured it out. If I can find it I'll photo it next time I'm down that way.

I did visit Hollister Powersports, where I bought my CB back in June '13. No CB11s in stock yet.
 
On Friday I went for a ride up Mounts Nebo and Glorious.


This Triumph T120 parked next to me and I took a photo of both bikes. The bloke who owned it came over as I was getting ready to leave and I said his bike looked good and asked was he enjoying it. He wasn't sure as he'd only done about 400 kms on it. No wonder it looked like it hadn't been out of the showroom long.

He then asked how old my bike was. Fair question, really, as it's looking a bit old these days. When I said it was 2011 he looked at me like I was nuts. I explained it was a new take on older beauty and we smiled the mutual smiles of retro bike owners.

Then on Sunday I went for another ride up Mounts Nebo and Glorious with GrahamT. We went further this time—down the other side and back up again. His bike also looks like it was not long ago in the showroom.
 
Here's a handful from todays loop due northeast of me. Total trip miles just over 200. Got a chance to try out a new mesh jacket I recently picked up (turns out I should have brought the liner, at the least).

Taken along Hwy 84N along side Abiquiu Reservoir.

56b7f47f5c543d41b60e3f1faca0b8e2.jpg

97d36a1c5360dac89e31eed6a10652df.jpg


Further north you come to the Hwy 64 Junction at Tierra Amarilla. I'll let you read up on it's historical reference here.

01cb584c1de72bdce98a55b395e1f7f3.jpg

c80cf6d7cdc26b04f1dbc2e51946acc2.jpg


Along Hwy 64E heading toward Tres Piedras I soon realized it was still a bit nippy in this area.

581028fa680ea3fc7628f01af875e87f.jpg

7808a74a513074cf92ec9a55ca538fc7.jpg

f8fb40ec95a439c3a72d9cbefae454ab.jpg

017ef6bd82d6b4e0475dcd601191ce74.jpg


Had a good ride overall. I sure could use a decent windshield, still keeping my eye out. The winds were a bit challenging but otherwise it was nice to get back out on this loop again. The road has deteriorated quite a bit since my last run through here. That and I may need to make some suspension adjustments. This was my first run at it on the CB. :thumbsup:
 
Nice trip, Cormanus and nice photo of the two CB1100!

Gary, nice land, it looks as if you can travel through several climate-zones in one day
 
Thanks Cormanus, a bit chilly due to my poor planning but nice overall.

Coliban - you are correct. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. Many times I've had to leave home in nasty weather but then drop down to lower altitudes and it's beautiful, dry, clear & warm. Great pic's from you too, looks like you have some very scenic surroundings to enjoy as well.
 
Great photo, Wisedrum. A very happy easter to you and all my mates here.
 
Yesterday i took another ride threw hamburg, it was so much fun. There is a ferry crossing the river elbe, one of the oldest in germany from 1252 (Zollenspieker <-> Hoopte) from hamburg to lower saxony. The other side is lower saxony, this side is still hamburg on the dike. At the ferry station there is every sunday a gathering of biker and one can sit and drink or eat something, is was a little bit cold but sunny.
 
Beautiful bike. 12 B.C. huh? That IS an old ferry. I still can't get over the size of those rear plates.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Beautiful bike. 12 B.C. huh? That IS an old ferry. I still can't get over the size of those rear plates.
Sorry, sorry, sorry not B.C., I corrected that, the ferry connection is newer, much younger, not old.
 
Great pics everyone!

Cormanus, was Mount Glorious, truly glorious? Love the shot of the two CB's side-by-side. Makes me wish we got the Aussie tail reflector config, it's so much cleaner.

Gary - it's pretty cool seeing pics of the CB in different climates all from one ride.

Wisedrum, I got a nice chuckle out of yours.

coliban - so jealous of your spoked wheels! Beautiful shot too.
 
Rolls_imp said:
Great photos coming out of Germany today! Looking good, gents!

Popgun - I had to google the Hollister reference, but I figured it out. If I can find it I'll photo it next time I'm down that way.

I did visit Hollister Powersports, where I bought my CB back in June '13. No CB11s in stock yet.
That would be cool. One of our members was going to ride through Winslow, AZ and get a pic at the Standing on the corner of Winslow, AZ park, but I guess he didn't. That would have been cool too :thumbsup:
 
I rode to Winslow, AZ but couldn't find the dang flatbed truck to get my pic taken with. They have some large speed bumps on the side streets there.
 
Gee Ferret, Google is your friend ya know :)
 
My phone doesn't do google. Me and my buddy were headed for the Cali coast, and were blasting down the road and saw the sign to Winslow, so we took the exit, road around about 10 minutes looking for the truck, gave up and got back on the road headed to Cali.
 
:rofl: Winslow is so far from my house that if I'm ever there I'm finding it no matter what! :D
 
The ferret_imp said:
My phone doesn't do google. Me and my buddy were headed for the Cali coast, and were blasting down the road and saw the sign to Winslow, so we took the exit, road around about 10 minutes looking for the truck, gave up and got back on the road headed to Cali.
Since January 2016 it does, you know. See Find me....Being Tracked

You have an iPhone. iPhones do Google.
 
Back
Top