Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

Chapomis_imp said:
Nice !!! Well represented. I like the Black with the grey side cover and all silver motor, yours ? The red and white always look good :)
Yes. Mine's the black one Chapomis. I realized yesterday there's never been more than 3 CB1100s linked to this forum in one place. I'm hoping to better that in the coming days when the rally Down Under rolls out of town.
 
As I stated elsewhere the 17 is growing on me but in my estimation the 2014 DLX is still the gold standard for symmetry, understated retro appeal and elegance. This coming from a Guy riding a 2013 standard.
 
Here's a couple shots taken during Tuesday's loop around my immediate area and backroads.

Here's a mock up of the guard shack/check-in station as you come into the town of Los Alamos. The building was originally your everyday rest stop sanitary facilities. Now it's been converted into a nice reference of days gone by, makes for a good photo op and you can still leave a deposit should the need arise.


Bandelier National Monument. A great place to spend some time and check out some some of the local history, petroglyphs and cliff dwellings made by the Ancestral Pueblo People from mid-1100 thru mid-1500CE . A recommended stop if you're ever in the area. Good hiking, picnicking and camping in the immediate area. I am always amazed when visiting the different cliff dwelling areas, trying to imagine actual day-to-day living in those times and environment.
 
Frulk_imp said:
As I stated elsewhere the 17 is growing on me but in my estimation the 2014 DLX is still the gold standard for symmetry, understated retro appeal and elegance. This coming from a Guy riding a 2013 standard.
As wise and unbiased as Yoda you are.... the force is strong with this one!!!
 
Gary, nice shots. That's some great riding country. If you've not yet ridden from Tres Piedras to Tierra Amarilla over Brazos Pass, be sure to put it on your short list!
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Gary, nice shots. That's some great riding country. If you've not yet ridden from Tres Piedras to Tierra Amarilla over Brazos Pass, be sure to put it on your short list!
LongRanger - That is one of my favorite rides in Northern NM. The views from the summit are phenomenal. On the downside, I tend to get rained on about half the time and it can get really cold! Always have my cold/wet gear with me on this ride.
 
BestStandard_imp said:
Frulk_imp said:
As I stated elsewhere the 17 is growing on me but in my estimation the 2014 DLX is still the gold standard for symmetry, understated retro appeal and elegance. This coming from a Guy riding a 2013 standard.
As wise and unbiased as Yoda you are.... the force is strong with this one!!!
As wise and unbiased as Yoda you are.... the force is strong with this one!!!
:worship:
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Gary, nice shots. That's some great riding country. If you've not yet ridden from Tres Piedras to Tierra Amarilla over Brazos Pass, be sure to put it on your short list!
I've had the pleasure several times over the years on my Valks but not yet on the CB. :thumbsup:
 
In Germany we now have the so called 'Sommerzeit', which means the days are suddenly getting longer. So I rode a trip between 7 and 9am and still had some daylight.
It was a second chance to figure out, if I like the newly mounted highway pegs and yes, I appreciate them. Too bad that the technical observation I have to pass in a few month will not like them, so I dismount them and put them after the examination back to where I want them to be. Tricky game.....:P



Wisedrum
 
You mean they won't approve a bolt on highway peg? wow
 
Wisedrum_imp said:
In Germany we now have the so called 'Sommerzeit', which means the days are suddenly getting longer. So I rode a trip between 7 and 9am and still had some daylight.
It was a second chance to figure out, if I like the newly mounted highway pegs and yes, I appreciate them. Too bad that the technical observation I have to pass in a few month will not like them, so I dismount them and put them after the examination back to where I want them to be. Tricky game.....:P



Wisedrum
WD, is that an MBA windscreen? Which model? Any problems with installation? And, how does it work for you. You look the be about 6'? Thanks in advance!

RLETS, Baby face Sliders, Staintune Slip-on, CB500 Mirrors, smaller led taillight, OEM rear rack, Guhl reflash, handlebar risers, Kawasaki Gaiters.
 
Back
Top