Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

The ferret_imp said:
Yep MTC that qualifies as tough in my book brother. So that that make 24 months in a row now? Did you run some Seafoam through them while you were out?
34 consecutive months, Ferret

I used Stabil and I added it last week. Thinking about trying Seafoam once I run out of Stabil. Both bikes are on tenders now, too.

I need to look at something to keep my finger tips and toes warm. Maybe heated socks and glove liners. We'll see. Also, need to get my lanyard cam working; there's lots of interesting photo ops this time of year.

The ride was more perilous than usual not because of ice or snow, but because of holiday shoppers. grrrr.
 
Sweet .. Close to 3 years. Thats awesome.

They make both battery powered and electric plug in socks and glove liners. The plug in models require a controller too. I have the elecrtric plug in model glove liners and they work pretty well, the only caveat with glove liners being you have to have room in your gloves for them or wear larger gloves, which makes working the switches a little harder. Ive never worn anything but wool socks in the winter in my boots.

Btw how did the towel work the other night?
 
Towel worked great. A rag actually I just left the tank out and tilted toward the drain and in a few minutes the rag soaked up all but a drip or two. Then I just sealed that opening and it's ready to ship. Unfortunately, the purchaser may be backing out. Oh well.

My alpaca socks are awesome. I recommend them highly. My boots are not very well insulated or I'd probably have been fine. I may not even get sock liners, but the glove liners would be a huge help, I think.

About 3" of snow on the ground now and another 3-8" coming today. Then it's supposed to be cold (warmest day is next Saturday with a high of 27) with some more snow. Easily possible that the streets would not be motorcycle-friendly until next month. Glad I got my ride in yesterday.
 
MTC, are you selling a tank? Which one?

(I did search and didn't see any mention of it)
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
MTC, are you selling a tank? Which one?

(I did search and didn't see any mention of it)
Sorry for the confusion, Pops. I'm selling two tanks from my old CX500. Want 'em? LOL
 
Well, in the spirit of the way we are on this forum. Will they fit my 2013? Will they fit a '14 std or just the dlx :P :D
 
Alpaca socks?
Alpaca farm near me is selling out, socks going for $14 a pair at the moment. Peaceful heart alpacas, I think they do a bit online.
Dang good stuff.
 
Damfino_imp said:
Well, not my idea (I'm borrowing it from my other forum) but why not post up pics of your rides while out on the road and have one place to put them. Common sense rules, no driveway pics, no friends driveway, no gas station or other commercial lots. Let's reach for the scenic view whether it be mountains, rivers, valleys, or that early morning landfill shot with the steam rising off the pile of garbage. Just be out on the road and pulled over somewhere safe when getting that artistic shot!  :thumbsup:
Just put on my Pipemasters 4 into 4 , took a ride S E Georgia the other day.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
 
off roading the Street Scrambler , the up-swept pipes make it one right ?
My wife has been riding for 38 years and we hit the trails early this morning for a ride and walk . 70 Deg at 9AM and a beautiful day on the Bayou.
 
That looks great SSudden!
ssudden_imp said:
Damfino_imp said:
Well, not my idea (I'm borrowing it from my other forum) but why not post up pics of your rides while out on the road and have one place to put them. Common sense rules, no driveway pics, no friends driveway, no gas station or other commercial lots. Let's reach for the scenic view whether it be mountains, rivers, valleys, or that early morning landfill shot with the steam rising off the pile of garbage. Just be out on the road and pulled over somewhere safe when getting that artistic shot!  :thumbsup:
Just put on my Pipemasters 4 into 4 , took a ride S E Georgia the other day.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Just put on my Pipemasters 4 into 4 , took a ride S E Georgia the other day.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
 
Use2b.. Cool pics. With that open face helmet your wife is wearing it almost looks like a 1973 Honda ad
 
All right, then, use2b, let's just lay it out here... Any picture of your bike, very cool; your bike rolling off road on trails, even cooler; your wife, with 38 years of riding under her belt, piloting the CB11 on those trails? Stratospherically cool!!

Just my view of things, mind you. Others should feel free to disagree.
 
Back
Top