Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

Riko_imp said:
in the UK they also do not use the metric system :)

they are the inventors of the imperial system I think even
Not quite right - actually, they do use the metric system, except, most notably, for the measurement of beer, cider, and milk (pints and quarts, instead of liters, etc.) and the measurement of distance (at least that pertaining to vehicles), i.e. miles vs. kilometers. There are several other odd items pertaining to industry, energy, etc., that have abstained as well. Sounds confusing as all get-out. :huh:
Maybe one of our UK members could clarify further?
 
The ferret_imp said:
Conrats. Nice pics. Why is yours in miles and mph aren't you in the UK?
It's much as has been said above, we are subject to a sometimes confusing mix of metric and imperial weights and measures. But yes its miles not kilometres for our road use.
Most (possibly all) modern design work is spec'd nowadays in metric, but I think some schools still teach yards, feet and inches along side the metres and millimetres etc.
Volume and weight is a real mash up, with gallons clashing with litres and pounds with kilograms everywhere. We purchase everything (apart from the beer ;) ) using metric units, but many still use imperial as the system they know, love and understand. We buy petrol by the litre, but measure a car or bikes fuel consumption in miles/gallon !!:s

Don't you just love it :rolleyes:
redbirds_imp said:
Where in the UK is that JustCruising, lovely place.
It's Cheddar Gorge in Somerset, south west England. It is a small but pretty gorge that attracts the crowds and rock climbers. Plenty of caves for the potholers also. I just like to enjoy the winding roads and the tea and coffee bars ;) It's a little over an hour for me to get there :thumbsup:

Cheddar Gorge - Wikipedia
 
This was the drafting department parking area yesterday.
4e982dc34d1c33e2d0098af20b29dbae.jpg
 
Kenny, is it just me or do you need to make some more right turns? :P
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Kenny, is it just me or do you need to make some more right turns? :P
The tires were just barely getting scrubbed in when that pic was taken. Funny thing is, the right turn coming off of the highway just before I park is where I scrap the pegs most often.
 
Some great pictures, Grinton. I particularly like some of the murals.
 
That is some sturdy architecture. They just don't build'em like they used to! Thanks for the photos.
 
Man Grinton, the pictures that you and Django post make me want to go back to Europe and do some more riding so bad!
 
Thanks for the pictures, Grinton. It looks impossibly green there.

Edit: and that road looks like fun.
 
jsinher3_imp said:
sitting, waiting for me to get out of work or go to lunch.
be0feab213dfccbb80282663a7d488bd.jpg
Very nice. How do you like the header wrap on the Yoshi full system? I have the Ryujin ceramic coated exhaust and I'm torn between this and re-coating when it starts to wear out.
 
Decided to take a quick ride down to a local beach near my job called pleasure bay in S.Boston.
322d6d50231c31658673bc7e72a6e77f.jpg




kmoney_imp said:
jsinher3_imp said:
sitting, waiting for me to get out of work or go to lunch.
be0feab213dfccbb80282663a7d488bd.jpg
Very nice. How do you like the header wrap on the Yoshi full system? I have the Ryujin ceramic coated exhaust and I'm torn between this and re-coating when it starts to wear out.
Very nice. How do you like the header wrap on the Yoshi full system? I have the Ryujin ceramic coated exhaust and I'm torn between this and re-coating when it starts to wear out.
Well it was a bit of a PITA to remove the exhaust to wrap it because mines started to fade and had trouble realigning the pipes to the head. However, the wrapping was not difficult but fiberglass tends to fly and get all over you in the process and you start getting itchy. But besides that, I really like the look. I used 1" wrap for the pipes and then 2" from the collector down. I don't know how functional it is, I never really did any actual temp readings to see but I do feel like it helps a tiny bit when in traffic. I say a tiny because you don't feel the heat as quickly when stuck in traffic, but then again I could just be imagining things haha...
 
Back
Top